Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

GMs/Commissioners aren't a requirement but I guess they're technically available if someone wants one. Same with managers.

Surprised the Hulkster lasted as long as he did. I see john concannon is up next so hopefully he'll be about at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

As I am number 18, I certainly knew my initial first choice would not be available, thank you MNG. However, my realistic first choice is still not chosen.

Is there a new draw for order once all first picks have been made?

gimmick wrote: »
    As I am number 18, I certainly knew my initial first choice would not be available, thank you MNG. However, my realistic first choice is still not chosen.

Is there a new draw for order once all first picks have been made?

Yeah I think we'll be doing new draws before every round so you won't be stuck with 18 for every round. :)

Yeah I think we'll be doing new draws before every round so you won't be stuck with 18 for every round. :)

When does time run out on john concannon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

When does time run out on john concannon?

Tomorrow at 12:10pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Id say hes at a summer party for finishing the Junior Cert...Im soon enough now and ive got an ace up my sleeve..hmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Ace Steel? Not a great pick tbh. I know who I would be picking now, can't believe they haven't been picked yet especially considering the Bulldogs were picked.

Well john was last on at 1:30 last night so if he's a night owl by nature then we might see a late night pick. Bubs might be on later too.

Im playing poker for the night so hopefully i can make my pick and get it over and done with..

We had a great roll of things for a little while there though didn't we?

Picks were starting to come in and it was getting really active. Ah sure, these downtimes are to be expected. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

The waiting, I think, just adds to the tension. Even though i've picked my first choice, I have a list of five names who could be my second choice...and the waiting around to see if someone else picks them is killing me:) But I guess thats the fun of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I'm on and will probably hang around for a while. My 3 realistic pics are all still there (and I can't believe I got so close to the Hulkster) so it's a matter of choosing the best one

BTW: as for the Vince thing, I really think he's a good pick. Without a doubt one of the best heels in the WWE and he's good on the mic

I think I've a good idea who I want for my number 2 pick so if I miss out on this pick I'll be raging. I suppose it's a good idea to think of a few names so you've got a back-up plan in mind.

I'm probably spending way too much time thinking about this... but hey...noone can question my dedication to The Boards WWE Draft spectacular:p

jayhaitch2 wrote: »
    I'm probably spending way too much time thinking about this... but hey...noone can question my dedication to The Boards WWE Draft spectacular:p

Yes, i too am thinking of this way too much :o

I have a current choice of three people for my second pick. I reckon I'll get one of them.:p

OK I'm off to my leaba but hopefully john will make his pick before 12:10. If not, it's over to Bubs.

From looking at the other members in the order they seem to be on regularly so hopefully we can fly through the order tomorrow and then deal with those who missed their turn.

If they miss their turn at the end of this round, do they get eliminated?

Bubs101's turn now

If they miss their turn at the end of this round, do they get eliminated?

Yep two strikes and you're out.

bubs is online now (according to his profile) so we shouldnt have to wait all that long :)

*EDIT*

Never mind, he already chose :o

Nice pick Bubs.

Callaway92 is up next :)

• Advertisement

Savage was one of the five or so that I was considering picking. I went with Kerry just because I liked him more

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Nice pick bubs

i didnt expect it but hoped that Savage would survive till round two and that id great a great draw and ensure the the superpowers combine on my brand.

Was really torn between Savage and two other guys (one of whom I'm certain I can get in the next round) but just went with Savage because he was a great heel and face and should get me a very easy Diva pick should Minto rob my first choice in round 3, which I'm almost certain he will. Also love his gimmick

Savage is a solid pick no doubt. In his prime he was a top star. callaway should be on in a while so I think we might see a few picks today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Savage is a solid pick no doubt. In his prime he was a top star. callaway should be on in a while so I think we might see a few picks today.

Whats the story here?

rovert wrote: »
    Whats the story here?

With what?

AHHH Bubs!!!!...I was gonna pick him...Anyways my choice is a Tag Team.....Road Warriors Animal and Hawk aka Legion of Doom

Great pick Callaway.

For some reason i imagined I'd be the only person to think of them and then just casually pick them out of the hat on second or third go. Oh what a naive fool am I.

I forgot all about the Road Warriors. But they can't be a team, as Animal held the World title in 2005 when he returned.

If you remember correctly, he was backstage and Batista (champ at the time) said "hey animal, hold this will you, im busting for a piss". OK, Technically he was never champion, but he still held the belt :p

Seriously though, its a great pick and one i hadn't even though of. I reckon i'll be leaving it a while before i pick a tag team. I reckon my 2nd, 3rd and 4th picks will all be singles stars.

• Advertisement

awesome pick made by gimmick. i was considering going for him in a later round. i didnt expect he'd go so fast :(

Damn. I was planning a sneaky pick of Money INC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

^^^ that was my second pick too!

Although I did secretly hope that somehow Savage would have been conviently forgotten about...

Definitely glad I made it first so :)

Whoa two awesome picks. Didn't expect them go at this point I must say. Just goes to show how difficult it is to predict what will happen with so many people involved. I think that's the beauty of it. No one we have in mind is safe!

With a bit of luck we will get through the last two tonight and move on to the missed-turn triumvirate. :pac:

With a bit of luck we will get through the last two tonight and move on to the missed-turn triumvirate. :pac:

Considering that those who missed their go haven't even come onto this thread since signing up, or even apologized, am I the only one to think that the last 3 spots should be on a first come, first serve basis to anybody who wants to play. It would certainly speed it up and if those 3 wanted to play still they could easily reply in time

• Advertisement

Let them have their first picks in round 2, as its concievable it could be held up by another 3 days. Thats my 2 cents worth anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Considering that those who missed their go haven't even come onto this thread since signing up, or even apologized, am I the only one to think that the last 3 spots should be on a first come, first serve basis to anybody who wants to play. It would certainly speed it up and if those 3 wanted to play still they could easily reply in time

Swore I'd never do this, but:

+1

Bubs101 wrote:

Well in fairness to Furious Red I think he did apologize. I would hope if anyone doesn't want to participate they would say so because a few do want to come in and I'm sure would keep it going.
    Let them have their first picks in round 2, as its concievable it could be held up by another 3 days. Thats my 2 cents worth anyway.

I've been thinking about this too because it is a hassle to complete the order and wait for those who missed their go. Under the rules as set up now though they are entitled to make their pick so I think should be allowed.

Would others be in favour of a change in future though? Say in future rounds if you miss your turn you also miss your pick for that round?

Hows about once Orestes makes his pick, you PM the 3 of them, giving them 12 hours to make their pick. Whoever comes online first gets the pick first? And if you miss your turn, you miss your pick in that round.

Hows about once Orestes makes his pick, you PM the 3 of them, giving them 12 hours to make their pick. Whoever comes online first gets the pick first? And if you miss your turn, you miss your pick in that round.

That would have been a good idea but I've already PM'd Furious-Red reminding him his pick is after Orestes. It's definitely an area that needs to be looked at because 3 hold-ups is a real lag on the challenge.

Having thought about it I think the idea you suggested earlier is a good one. In future if anyone misses their turn it's their loss and we press on with the order.

Edit: So gutted about the latest pick because that was actually my top choice for the next round. Would have been an excellent guy to have alongside Bret. Back to the drawing board now. Damn it!

• Advertisement

yeah Brock or Ted were my top 2 next choices, so to quote Ron Simmons....DAMN!

are you doing the rd2 draw soon so we know who no.1, 2 etc are before thhe last few give their first round pick so there is no stoppage between rounds?

Lesnar was another of the guys I was considering... I'm sure one of the others will be picked soon but I may just get my other top choice. Then it's back to the drawing board again

are you doing the rd2 draw soon so we know who no.1, 2 etc are before thhe last few give their first round pick so there is no stoppage between rounds?

To avoid confusion it's probably best to wait until everyone's made their pick but I would hope to do the round 2 draw no later than tomorrow evening. If we didn't have to wait for those who missed their turn then we could have probably gone and done the second draw tonight.

I think looking back with hindsight we were probably too generous with the rules. That's why I think for future rounds if people miss their turn we can't have a situation like now where we're effectively held up a second time.

Unless there are any objections I feel in future we will have to have a situation where if you miss your pick then you just don't get it for that round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

So far my second (third and fourth) choice(s) are still intact. I'd expect them to stay that way, but some of the first round choices have left some interesting possible second round choices!

Minto wrote: »
    So far my second (third and fourth) choice(s) are still intact. I'd expect them to stay that way, but some of the first round choices have left some interesting possible second round choices!

What I've found really interesting is that two major tag teams have gone already and since everyone needs to have at least one tag team, I'm wondering if people will start picking tag teams in the next round out of a fear they'll be left with a less than spectacular team?

It's definitely got me thinking because I felt tag teams would be left well alone until maybe round 3 or 4.

Some interesting tactics have definitely been brought into play early. :pac:

What I've found really interesting is that two major tag teams have gone already and since everyone needs to have at least one tag team, I'm wondering if people will start picking tag teams in the next round out of a fear they'll be left with a less than spectacular team?

It's definitely got me thinking because I felt tag teams would be left well alone until maybe round 3 or 4.

Well assuming that your roster is the only thing you can draw off, I personally think it's pointless to draft a great tag team if you don't have a second one for them to feud with. When Callaway picked the LOD the first thing that came to mind is that, although fantastic as a tag team they were hardly outstanding in singles competition so I assume that he is going to be stuck picking another tag team in the next two rounds to set up potential matches. That's my read on it anyway. Personally, I'd be perfectly happy to leave my tag pick until 10 and then pick a team of two midcarders so they could job to my Main Eventers.

On a side note, say If I were to pick Edge in rounds 2 or 3, and then picked Christian later on, could they count as my tag team or do I have to use 1 pick on a tag team that has never had a champion instead of forming one with two picks

the only rule with regards tag teams is that neither went on to become heavyweight champs and that they did infact tag together (more than once), right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

So what are my chances of getting in ? :)

well there are three people who missed there go in Rd1 and were moved to the last 3picks if any of them miss there go again someone from the reseve list which I believe your top of takes there place unless im mistaken.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Well assuming that your roster is the only thing you can draw off, I personally think it's pointless to draft a great tag team if you don't have a second one for them to feud with. When Callaway picked the LOD the first thing that came to mind is that, although fantastic as a tag team they were hardly outstanding in singles competition so I assume that he is going to be stuck picking another tag team in the next two rounds to set up potential matches. That's my read on it anyway. Personally, I'd be perfectly happy to leave my tag pick until 10 and then pick a team of two midcarders so they could job to my Main Eventers.

Well that's one way to look at it alright but personally speaking I'm not sure if I'll go for two tag teams. The way I'm looking at it at the minute is, I'm thinking I'll get a good tag team and then see what interesting feuds I could work around them. I suppose that's the way the WWE operates nowadays. I guess it depends on how important you see tag teams being on your roster.
    Bubs 101 wrote:
    On a side note, say If I were to pick Edge in rounds 2 or 3, and then picked Christian later on, could they count as my tag team or do I have to use 1 pick on a tag team that has never had a champion instead of forming one with two picks

Yeah they'd both be yours so you could do what you want with them. It's the same with stables. You can't pick a stable but if it turns out you have all the members of a particular stable then you could go ahead and form it.
    the only rule with regards tag teams is that neither went on to become heavyweight champs and that they did infact tag together (more than once), right?

Yeah they need to be tag teams that didn't have a member go on to become a world champ so for example the APA would be off-limits.
    So what are my chances of getting in ? :)

Well I believe you are top of the reserve list so if we get a drop-out or an eliminated participant then you'll be allowed in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement