Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

the only rule with regards tag teams is that neither went on to become heavyweight champs and that they did infact tag together (more than once), right?

They had to have tagged together in WWE I believe was the rule too. I used Lance Storm and Chris Jericho (ignoring that Jericho won a world title) as an example and I think it was decided that it wouldn't be fair

Hmm...so gimmick could've picked IRS along with DiBiase if he'd wanted a free pick. Although DiBiase is probably better off on his own

Fozzy wrote: »
    gimmick could've picked IRS along with DiBiase if he'd wanted a free pick. Although DiBiase is probably better off on his own

Or 'wrestling sensation' Virgil :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

This will get very interesting around the 3rd 4th picks..We will be about to pick women at that stage an it is important that you are one of the first people to choose,

callaway92 wrote: »
    This will get very interesting around the 3rd 4th picks..We will be about to pick women at that stage an it is important that you are one of the first people to choose,

Not really. I'm sure there are just about enough women to tide us over. I can think of 10 worthwhile women off the top of my head:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I'm just wondering if 20 rounds is to much, because at this rate, we're going to be doing this for the guts of four months if not five! Also, if we have 20 people picking 20 wrestlers, we're going to end up running through 400+ wrestlers. Might I be so bold to suggest cutting the number of rounds to 10?

Minto wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if 20 rounds is to much, because at this rate, we're going to be doing this for the guts of four months if not five! Also, if we have 20 people picking 20 wrestlers, we're going to end up running through 400+ wrestlers. Might I be so bold to suggest cutting the number of rounds to 10?

I think it already was cut to ten. :confused:

I don't mind either way. I am enjoying this :o:p

Yea, your right actually. Guess I need to re-read the rules, lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Hmm...so gimmick could've picked IRS along with DiBiase if he'd wanted a free pick. Although DiBiase is probably better off on his own

Was thinking alright that he could have picked Money Inc and use them as 2 singles wrestlers. Are you obliged to keep your tag team together??

Surprised that 2 tag teams went in round 1, wouldn't have thought they'd be strong enough to be the main event of anyones roster

Are you obliged to keep your tag team together??

Yes, i believe you are.

Hence why Shawn Michaels is a better pick than The Rockers.

Also, to clear
    up any confusion, i know we get a wrestler in their 'prime' but i want my undertaker pick to be based on current day undertaker, as i believe this is his 'prime' in wrestling (well its his overall best).

Is that allowed?

or does prime mean "when he was young" and thats it?

im assuming prime means at their best?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Yes, i believe you are.

Hence why Shawn Michaels is a better pick than The Rockers.

Also, to clear
    up any confusion, i know we get a wrestler in their 'prime' but i want my undertaker pick to be based on current day undertaker, as i believe this is his 'prime' in wrestling (well its his overall best).

You don't have to keep your team together at all. You just get two for the price of one. I fully intend on using my 10th pick to get Headcheese to give me two entertaining jobbers.

As for someone's prime, it's always open to different interpretations so it'd be your choice

Also, to clear

Is that allowed?

or does prime mean "when he was young" and thats it?

im assuming prime means at their best?

I think you can pick a wrestler from whatever period of their career you want. It's just assumed that you'll want them in their prime

I think you can pick a wrestler from whatever period of their career you want. It's just assumed that you'll want them in their prime

But if we get a team they must remain a team, right?

Also, what about 3-man teams? i'd assume they are classed as factions?

Eg: if i want the Dudleyz, i have to choose which two i want?

think being able to take a three man team is unfair..:confused:

Orestes just had a nice day.

So what happens now?

wait for the people who missed out? or continue to the next round and they can just lose a person from their roster for missing their turn?

Nice pick orestes. i was wondering how long it would take for him to go :(

Well. i had three planned picks.. down to two now... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Orestes just had a nice day.

So what happens now?

wait for the people who missed out? or continue to the next round and they can just lose a person from their roster for missing their turn?

Nice pick orestes. i was wondering how long it would take for him to go :(

Well. i had three planned picks.. down to two now... :(

Yep, needed a big draw name and he was the biggest I could think of. Quite happy I got him since I was last in the first round, thought he would be gone by the time it got to me

So, are we doing another draw, doing the same order, skipping the folks who missed or giving them a chance to catch up? Just asking since the first round is over and we're starting to get a feel of how this thing is going to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Calloway has defo got the value pick here so far, Austin going 3rd was pretty crazy too. Stone Cold before there was a Stone Cold. The Road Warriors were the biggest draw in the US before Hogan exploded.

I don't wanna mention him but HOw a certain guy hasn't been picked yet is mindboggling... wish i'd seen this thread before now... looks like a blast!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Well I believe you are top of the reserve list so if we get a drop-out or an eliminated participant then you'll be allowed in.

How many people are currently on the reserve list? And can I add my name to the bottom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Do the 3 have 24 hours each?

Would it be possible to just continue with the 2nd round picks and let the 3 who missed their turns pick their first round picks when they log in. The longer they leave it the less wrestlers available for selection which is there own fault

We're running into a possibility that those 3 could miss there turns again and thats a further 72 hours delay along with the time to get the replacements in and for them to pick.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

just wondering can you pick dead wrestlers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Put me in as a replacement, come on I am on everyday. Let me take one of the ones who missed their picks.

Please :( <
    Look at the sad face.

• Advertisement

Yeah you can pick dead ones, they just had to have wrestled in the WWF or WWE

There's already been four dead wrestlers picked

cool cheers guys ive got an idea then. better double check no 1 has chosen it.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    You don't have to keep your team together at all. You just get two for the price of one. I fully intend on using my 10th pick to get Headcheese to give me two entertaining jobbers.

As for someone's prime, it's always open to different interpretations so it'd be your choice

Yeah, but the versions of the wrestlers you're getting must be from when they teamed up.

Eg: If you pick the rockers, you cant say "remember how good HBK vs Hogan was?" because it wouldn't have happened yet.

So if you pick a team, you get them as they were when they were a team.... I think...

Yeah, but the versions of the wrestlers you're getting must be from when they teamed up.

Eg: If you pick the rockers, you cant say "remember how good HBK vs Hogan was?" because it wouldn't have happened yet.

So if you pick a team, you get them as they were when they were a team.... I think...

No they don't. Prime means prime. This discussion was had early on in the thread.

For example, if you wanted Umaga you could just pick 3 minute warning, use current day Umaga and us the the other fat ****e as a jobber

Shouldn't furious red be picking now?

I mean, im all for skipping the people that missed their turns and held us up, but Red said sorry and has been pretty active since missign his turn.

I believe that b.ie curious said sorry, too?

Would it be possible to just continue with the 2nd round picks and let the 3 who missed their turns pick their first round picks when they log in. The longer they leave it the less wrestlers available for selection which is there own fault

We're running into a possibility that those 3 could miss there turns again and thats a further 72 hours delay along with the time to get the replacements in and for them to pick.

also agreeing with this...

Bubs101 wrote: »
    No they don't. Prime means prime. This discussion was had early on in the thread.

For example, if you wanted Umaga you could just pick 3 minute warning, use current day Umaga and us the the other fat ****e as a jobber

No, the tag team prime. As a collective unit. What would be the point in picking any singles wrestlers if that were the case? you could always mooch to find a random tag partner they had at some stage.

If you pick Edge and Christian for example then you'd be getting them prior to their main event status. It would be an interesting pick though because it would foil someone's plan who wanted to have Edge. :pac:

No, the tag team prime. As a collective unit. What would be the point in picking any singles wrestlers if that were the case? you could always mooch to find a random tag partner they had at some stage.

But then you couldn't have any former world champions on your roster, which means you'd have just about no main eventers

But that's why people were wondering why DiBiase wasn't picked with IRS or Virgil. Keep in mind, that a load of ****e wrestlers aren't going to make your roster better, and it can be hard to find a good tag team that doesn't have a champion but had two very competent singles men.

For instance, of the first round picks so far that weren't a tag team, only 1 of them wasn't a champion and was therefore eligible for tag team picking. MNG might be able to clarify the situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

So how long have the people who have missed there turn have ?

• Advertisement

But then you couldn't have any former world champions on your roster, which means you'd have just about no main eventers

Right ok, lets clarify:

When picking teams:

1) They can be seperated and used as jobbers, but they must remain in their collective prime, meaning you get the version of them from when they were a team.

or

2)
    you can seperate them and alter each persons era, and use them as you feel. Although picked as a tag team, they are two seperate wrestlers and can be used as you feel necessary.

Furious Red just made a pick. A fantastic pick that i wanted :(

Right ok, lets clarify:

When picking teams:

1) They can be seperated and used as jobbers, but they must remain in their collective prime, meaning you get the version of them from when they were a team.

or

2)
    you can seperate them and alter each persons era, and use them as you feel. Although picked as a tag team, they are two seperate wrestlers and can be used as you feel necessary.

I have no idea, get MNG on the case. I haven't thought about it as I'll probably keep my tag team together

Right ok, lets clarify:

When picking teams:

or

2)

I'd go with No. 2 here. As with all rosters, tag teams break up and partners turn their attention to singles wrestling. I think all rosters here would want the option of using their tag teams as singles wrestlers to vary their matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Right ok, lets clarify:

When picking teams:

or

2)

We want people to have as much freedom as possible with the idea being it's your roster and you're free to treat your roster as you see fit. So if you take on board a tag team, as Spongey said above me I think you ought to be free to have the option of breaking them up.

The issue of eras though is a bit trickier and personally I'd be against people abusing this. Bubs I think it was made the point that on the soccer forum draft, you weren't allowed pick a player who came to the Premiership past their prime and say 'hey remember the great performances in Serie A, La Liga etc.'

In other words you couldn't tamper with the eras. My understanding then was that you couldn't for example pick a wrestler who formed part of a tag team and then say, 'Hey remember how great he went on to become'? So for example when Bubs said:
    Bubs101 wrote:

My understanding was that this wasn't allowed since Umaga wasn't around at this point, it was 'Jamal'. Umaga was from an era ahead of the time. Likewise you couldn't pick the Steiner Brothers and say, ''But remember I'm also getting 'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner'. That gimmick was from an era ahead of your actual pick.

Do people want it to be a different way?

Regarding the current picks, b.ie curious is up next and then john is the last one. If they miss their turn again they get eliminated. Foley was a great pick by Orestes 'cos it's like three guys in one. :)
    Cactus Col wrote:
    How many people are currently on the reserve list? And can I add my name to the bottom?

I believe there's three names on it but I will add you if you want.

Furious Red just made a pick. A fantastic pick that i wanted :(

:):):):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

I got a PM of MNG there yesterday saying i could make my pick onece orestes did. so here it goes

benoit.jpg

A Great Father Also

We want people to have as much freedom as possible with the idea being it's your roster and you're free to treat your roster as you see fit. So if you take on board a tag team, as Spongey said above me I think you ought to be free to have the option of breaking them up.

The issue of eras though is a bit trickier and personally I'd be against people abusing this. Bubs I think it was made the point that on the soccer forum draft, you weren't allowed pick a player who came to the Premiership past their prime and say 'hey remember the great performances in Serie A, La Liga etc.'

In other words you couldn't tamper with the eras. My understanding then was that you couldn't for example pick a wrestler who formed part of a tag team and then say, 'Hey remember how great he went on to become'? So for example when Bubs said:

My understanding was that this wasn't allowed since Umaga wasn't around at this point, it was 'Jamal'. Umaga was from an era ahead of the time. Likewise you couldn't pick the Steiner Brothers and say, ''But remember I'm also getting 'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner'. That gimmick was from an era ahead of your actual pick.

Do people want it to be a different way?

I'm happy with the way it is (If you pick 3MW, you cant use Jamal as Umaga, etc.)

But i think Fozzy and Bubs want it changed?

And can you address three-man teams? are they considered factions?

Also, whats up with Justbringit's comment in the Picks thread?

I think we should put a new rule in place aswell:

When discussing wrestlers, we're discussing WRESTLERS and not the people. Taking unnecessary shots at, or bashing peoples picks (Benoit for example) should result in elimination in my opinion.

• Advertisement

A Great Father Also

I'm pretty sure that Furios Red doesn't consider Benoit's peak as inbetween murders, when he was most pumped up. The murders have no relevance

So when is the draw for round two happening?

How long do the others have now? Can we not just let Dave and Reganio take the next 2 picks and procede?

And can you address three-man teams? are they considered factions?

I would consider three-man teams as essentially factions and thus not allowed. So if someone wants Demolition then they're not going to get all three members of the team. They'll have to choose the two they want.
    Also, whats up with Justbringit's comment in the Picks thread?

I think we should put a new rule in place aswell:

When discussing wrestlers, we're discussing WRESTLERS and not the people. Taking unnecessary shots at, or bashing peoples picks (Benoit for example) should result in elimination in my opinion.

Well I don't know why he put it in the picks thread because we said we didn't want discussion there so I hope we don't get the thread derailed into a Benoit discussion. :rolleyes:
    Minto wrote:
    So when is the draw for round two happening?

When the other two get a move on. :o
    Bubs101 wrote:
    How long do the others have now? Can we not just let Dave and Reganio take the next 2 picks and procede?

The others are still part of the contest for now. It's a pain in the arse though alright and no way can we hang around for people in future rounds. We were too generous with the rules I feel.

Would people be fine with doing what I think gimmick suggested earlier and cutting b.ie curious and john concannon's time limit to 12 hours? Or would that be too strict? Thoughts?

I really want to crack on with the next draw.

12 hours is not too strict IMO.

Also, could we not do the draw now and get it out of the way so those with the first few picks can choose their picks etc.

I think if we do the draw now then people will get confused as to whose go is next. If people are fine with 12 hours for the missed turn folks then that means b.ie curious has until 3:50 am to make his pick rather than 15:50pm tomorrow.

If he fails to make it then he would be eliminated and john's 12 hour time limit would begin.

PS just to prove that the draws have been legitimate and that Minto hasn't been paying me off (;)) behold the proof:

2628856422_2d4b2081fb.jpg?v=0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

nice hat :p

I dont know who said it earlier on, but i think we should just go into round 2 now, and if they miss their turn again, then they are out. Its not our fault they arent online. At least Red came on, said sorry, and kept active. The others haven't really been seen at all.

I dont know who said it earlier on, but i think we should just go into round 2 now, and if they miss their turn again, then they are out. Its not our fault they arent online. At least Red came on, said sorry, and kept active. The others haven't really been seen at all.

I see what you're saying KKV but let's say we proceed with the next draw and the two we're waiting on miss their turn again. Then they are eliminated and we allow in Danger Dave and Reganio who are the top two on the reserve list but since we have already made the round 2 draw what do we do with those two guys? Put them in last?

If we proceed with the round 2 draw now we'll have two time limits running. One for those who missed their turn and one for the round 2 people. It would be hard for people to follow and I suspect people who come on to the board won't know what's going on.

As I said since we've agreed to limit the time for the missed turn folks to twelve hours, b.ie curious has until 3:50 am tonight to make his pick. If he doesn't come on by then he'll be eliminated. After that john concannon will have 12 hours which by my count will give him until 3:50 pm tomorrow. If he fails to make his pick he's out.

So basically we'll definitely be doing the round 2 draw tomorrow evening. I know it's a pain but rest assured we won't be waiting on those who missed their go in future.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

sorry to ask another question on this topic but if the two dont reply wont we still have to wait while the reserves make their 1st rd picks?

sorry to ask another question on this topic but if the two dont reply wont we still have to wait while the reserves make their 1st rd picks?

I've PM'd the two that top the reserve list to inform them of the situation. I've also asked Danger Dave that if he can't make it on to Boards tonight after 3:50 am (which is understandable!) could he instead forward his pick to me so I can make it for him. I reckon I can be on at that time. If he can be on at that time then it's not an issue. (Just to remind everyone that you can actually make your pick through me as long as you forward the name you're thinking of).

Reganio will just need to be on after 3:50pm tomorrow if he is brought into the challenge and I reckon he will be on by then. So there should be nothing stopping us doing the round 2 draw at about 10pm tomorrow evening.

Edit: Further to the above, I have been told by Danger Dave what his pick will be if b.ie curious doesn't make his pick and is eliminated so we will see a pick later on one way or another.

• Advertisement
Advertisement