Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

God damn you Dave. I wanted in :D.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

B.I curious just picked Sting... never wrestled in the WWE tho iirc

sorry to knitpick/point it out man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

B.I curious just picked Sting... never wrestled in the WWE tho iirc

sorry to knitpick/point it out man
    Double Shag. Forgot about that part. Its too late to make a detailed submission now, so I'll just throw something up. Cheers for the heads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

done and done. now i'm off to bed.

Jake roberts.. Bastard. Thats two of the three i was planning on gone.

Ah well.. theres still one that hasn't been chose :(

So who are we waiting on now? Dave? who already submitted his choice? is it time for the second round now then???!?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Is john concannon still in it? Or did he say that he's out?

Fozzy wrote: »
    Is john concannon still in it? Or did he say that he's out?

I've no idea, i forgot all about him. Has he even posted in the thread? (aside from entering?)

I've no idea, i forgot all about him. Has he even posted in the thread? (aside from entering?)

No, he hasn't logged in in three days now either. Looks like a reserve is getting a call!

No, he hasn't logged in in three days now either. Looks like a reserve is getting a call!

Yeah, i reckon we should assume he's gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

john is still in it but as Fozzy said he hasn't been around for a while. In the interest of fairness, as Vince McMahon would say, we'll give him 12 hours like we did b.ie curious but if he's not around by 12:56pm tomorrow then we'll move on without him and Danger Dave can get in and make his pick.

Either way round 2's draw will kick off tomorrow one way or another and we can put this headwreck of a round behind us!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

john is still in it but as Fozzy said he hasn't been around for a while. In the interest of fairness, as Vince McMahon would say, we'll give him 12 hours like we did b.ie curious but if he's not around by 12:56pm tomorrow then we'll move on without him and Danger Dave can get in and make his pick.

Either way round 2's draw will kick off tomorrow one way or another and we can put this headwreck of a round behind us!

Cool. Sure a few glitches were to be expected in the first round since it's our first time trying something like this and we were modifying a system designed for a completely different sport. Things will flow along better the further we go I reckon.

So we're having another draw tomorrow then? I'm just making sure cos I don't wanna be number 20 for the whole thing :D

orestes wrote: »
    Cool. Sure a few glitches were to be expected in the first round since it's our first time trying something like this and we were modifying a system designed for a completely different sport. Things will flow along better the further we go I reckon.

So we're having another draw tomorrow then? I'm just making sure cos I don't wanna be number 20 for the whole thing :D

Yeah I suppose a few problems were inevitable for the opening stages...especially with me running things. :pac:

Yep next draw will be on tomorrow. Things can only better for yourself I guess. :D

Alright I'm off for the night. I hope john is up early on Boards to make his pick otherwise he's out of here!

orestes wrote: »

Yeah another draw tomorrow.. so tomorrow...

ITS TIME TO SHAKE THINGS UP AGAIN!!!

65.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Is there any chance we can see the draw soon, I will be away for a couple of days and if I'm near the top I'd like to be able to PM my picks

I just replaced john concannon's name with Danger_Dave for those wondering. Second round draw can take place now

Bubs 101 wrote:
    Is there any chance we can see the draw soon, I will be away for a couple of days and if I'm near the top I'd like to be able to PM my picks

Yeah OK I can do it in about an hour so.

In other news welcome on board Danger Dave. Good pick too. Y2J was a guy I was hoping would be around by round 2.

Well, thats good. Benoit, Roberts and Jericho all gone in a row. My three picks.

I've got another three up my sleeve though.. :)

OK I'm pleased to be able to leave Round 1 behind us and at last get Round 2 under way!

Before I get to the draw I'd just like to remind everyone that due to the difficulties of the last round with people missing their turns, from now on if you miss your turn we will NOT give you a chance to pick at the end so you will essentially miss your pick for that round. Those who missed their turn once already will be eliminated if they miss their turn again so please try and make your picks in time. (If anyone is unable to be at their computer for a few days it is acceptable to PM me your pick).

Also like last round please use the draft picks thread for making your picks. Ok enough waffling, behold the Round 2 draw:

* SECOND ROUND DRAFT ORDER *

1. Bounty Hunter...Hulk Hogan,
    2. RebelRockChick...Ric Flair,
    3. KKV...The Undertaker,
    4. Justbringit89...Brock Lesnar,
    5. Furious-Red...Chris Benoit,
    6. ec18...The Rock,
    7. Bubs101...Randy Savage,
    8. Mr.Nice Guy...Bret Hart,
    9. michael.etc...Andre the Giant,
    10. dez_warlock...Stone Cold Steve Austin,
    11. Vince135792003...The British Bulldogs,
    12. Minto...Triple H,
    13. Spongey1975...Shawn Michaels,
    14. callaway92...The Road Warriors,
    15. gimmick...Ted Dibiase,
    16. Fozzy...Kerry Von Erich,
    17. orestes...Mick Foley,
    18. b.ie curious...Jake Roberts,
    19. Jayhaitch 2...Kurt Angle,
    20. Danger Dave...Chris Jericho,

If Fozzy could cut and paste the above on to the first page of this thread and the other thread that would be great.

My apologies to new entrant Danger Dave for giving him a horrible first draw and to orestes who has now got two sh*tty draws courtesy of me. :o

Is everyone fine with the way the draws are being done? Should I maybe introduce seedings or something? Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

OK then Bounty Hunter and then RebelRockChick are the first two up. Happy pickings. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ARRGGGHH..Número 14!!!..Im fckued

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

15th this time, 18th last :rolleyes: :(

I just have all the luck. I will be very surprised if any of my 3 choices for 2nd pick will be still available.

I updated the threads. I think I'll edit the title of the picks thread to let everyone know what round we're on, should be helpful in some way

Wahey, numero three-o :)

gimmick wrote: »
    15th this time, 18th last :rolleyes: :(

I just have all the luck. I will be very surprised if any of my 3 choices for 2nd pick will be still available.

Sorry about that man. That's why I was thinking maybe we seed the draw in some way. People in the bottom half can't go in two rounds in a row or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Thats not a bad idea MNG!

Sorry about that man. That's why I was thinking maybe we seed the draw in some way. People in the bottom half can't go in two rounds in a row or something?

Its a random draw and thats how it should stay. I'm only ruing my poor luck.

• Advertisement

WOO no.1, now off t'other thread to get the ball rolling

I think this is one of the best threads this year in the PW forum. Last few months it was quiet dead here and now there is consistantly over 10 people on the forum at a time.
    Well Done MNG

why dont people make their picks in here, too?

I mean... I plan on sticking a video of my choice in here, then i go and write a little thing about da rassler and accompany it with a video in the picks thread. :)

There's still a lot of well known wrestlers to get though..

why dont people make their picks in here, too?

I mean... I plan on sticking a video of my choice in here, then i go and write a little thing about da rassler and accompany it with a video in the picks thread. :)

It just makes it easier to follow for the people who have just come on to the board. Otherwise they would have to go through the pages of this thread to see who the last pick was and what time it was made.

Who do you all think the most surprising pick in the last round was?

For me it'd probably be Brock. I never even thought of him, and i certainly wouldn't have expected to see him go in the first round. Same can be said for Ted Di'Biase and the Bulldogs.

The choices weren't as obvious as i expected..

• Advertisement

It just makes it easier to follow for the people who have just come on to the board. Otherwise they would have to go through the pages of this thread to see who the last pick was and what time it was made.

Oh i know, i was just saying why not post there and here?

Whatever people prefer to do is up to them though. Doesn't bother me.

I like this game. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

no. 13 this time, may have to re evaluate my picks as cant see them still there when my turn comes round.

Is the time limit 12 hours now?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

Maybe we could go 1-20 and then reverse it 20-1. Then after two rounds, we do another draw and go again. People would then get an even break over every two rounds.

19th....I'll be picking Mantaur at this rate:D

Who do you all think the most surprising pick in the last round was?

Vince choosing a tag team surprised me. I didn't see tag teams going this early.
    Is the time limit 12 hours now?

No it's still 24 hours at the moment. That may change in future rounds but I don't expect we'll have as many problems this round as we did in the last one.
    jayhaitch2 wrote:
    Maybe we could go 1-20 and then reverse it 20-1. Then after two rounds, we do another draw and go again. People would then get an even break over every two rounds.

That could work I suppose. I'd like to know what the general concensus is from everyone on the matter.

wow.. bounty hunter is using a very good strategy. he obviously thought about that a lot.. i'm surrpised he wasnt picked in the first round, to be honest.

I got lucky in the first round getting Hogan in the first round despite being well down the rankings but now wantch the merchandise go flying off the shelves of my promotion as ive teamed him up with John Cena.

For me the two tag teams were the most surprising picks, good picks but i didnt expect them until atleast round 2.

RebelRockChick your up..

Oh f*ck no! I was hoping people would leave Cena because they didn't think he was cool or whatever. Another pick scuppered!

in relation to the picks for each round, I am in favour (i may be in the minority though) of a random draw for every round. I mean, i could be 20 in the next round, but thats what makes it fun, in my opinion. thw lower you're ranked, the harder you'll struggle, meaning the more thought you'll put into it.

wow.. bounty hunter is using a very good strategy. he obviously thought about that a lot.. i'm surrpised he wasnt picked in the first round, to be honest.

im like one of those Big Brother contestants..."whats a strategy?"

although tbh both times i had others in mind but was surprised to see both Hogan & Cena unpicked:eek: and thought to myself now that is something i shall have to remedy, despite the fact that neither is one of mu favourites.

Edit: have to say hard luck to Danger Dave too, getting no.20 in the random draw after coming off the reserve list and thus getting last pick in Rd1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Ouch ! The odds on me getting my 2nd or third round picks are very slim, think they both will be taken before i get a look in :( . However saying that im happy with my first pick . My strategy on who i pick for all the remaining rounds will have to change.

Id keep it totally random it adds an edge to the game that really will keep your thinking cap on.

P.S the only problem with bounty hunters pick is i cant see the Hulkster letting Cena win clean :)

• Advertisement

I wasn't too surprised to see Brock get picked, I was considering him for my first choice. Best big man wrestler there ever was I think

I wasn't too surprised to see Brock get picked, I was considering him for my first choice. Best big man wrestler there ever was I think

Biggest Manever to ATTEMPT a shooting star press:P:P

Brock and Bret on the same roster would have been a killer combination. I'm still reeling after missing that pick. I wonder who RebelRockChick will go for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

My first pick is still there :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Bugger, first round no 20, second round no 17. This is gonna be trickier than I'd expected :pac:

I think we should leave it as a random draw, everyone has the same odds of getting picked in each spot (some of us are just sh!t out of luck though apparently :P) and it makes things more challenging I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Done! KKV, your turn.

Nice choice. Last people (or team) i would have thought of to be honest.

In typical WWE 'overhype it' fashion, I'll post my pick video here, whilst i go and write up why i chose this person.

So, in short.. KKV Drafts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Nice choice. Last people (or team) i would have thought of to be honest.

In typical WWE 'overhype it' fashion, I'll post my pick video here, whilst i go and write up why i chose this person.

So, in short.. KKV Drafts...

Was thinking of picking him this round, guess that's one from my list of future picks gone lol.

I was hoping to pick Terry Gordy somewhere down the line. I guarantee that my top pick will be gone before my turn!

• Advertisement

Excellent second choice KKV. Nice intro too. I almost went for him as my number 1, but decided Dibase was slightly a better choice. I had hoped he would still be around by number 3, but knew this was never, ever going to happen.

Advertisement