Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where are all the new C5's?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

alpina wrote: »
    Citreon are obviously eager to play with the big boys, their General Manager, Gilles Michel states point blank he aims to compete with A4 & C-class, doesn't mention BMW actually, clever man....but by the looks of things to come it won't be long before they're knocking at the Munich door!:eek:

And why not, BMW are doing great with ED but are just another mass market player with oddball styling, Audi seem incapable of breaking out of it dull styling rut, Mercedes have woken up with the C-Class, but cars as good as the C5 in that segment expose them all as being way overpriced for what they offer. I think the Germans have become complacent churning out the same stuff, the French are a breath of fresh air, good luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

All C5's have been available with post July pricing from launch as far as I know, so I don't think their prices will drop one bit.

Only the 1.6HDi Dymanique is on sale with the post-July prices. That said, this will be the most popular seller in the new C5 range.
    LolaDub wrote: »
    The french ambassador has one i think, i've seen it outside the residence on ailesbury road a lot

Wrong. The French ambassador has a C6, but it is possible that he may have a C5 on demo.....
    King Kelly wrote: »
    Like the new C4 Picasso, build quality appears to be a huge improvement over the original series 1 C5. ( Series 2, post 2005 C5's are fairly trouble free.) Without raising the French v German debate again (yawn), the German reputation for reliabilty has also taken a hit lately........
    .......The dealers don't get 15% margin on new cars!

Agreed on all counts.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

And why not, BMW are doing great with ED but are just another mass market player with oddball styling, Audi seem incapable of breaking out of it dull styling rut, Mercedes have woken up with the C-Class, but cars as good as the C5 in that segment expose them all as being way overpriced for what they offer. I think the Germans have become complacent churning out the same stuff, the French are a breath of fresh air, good luck to them.

They'll need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    if that's the case why are the advertising it as german? why does it look like an Audi A4/A6 from certain angles?

Theres no thought that this a good looking car, but if i want a german car, ill buy one, not a german look a like.

the french should stick to what their good at, style, individual looking cars, not copy sometimes dull looking german cars.

I think the marketing idea behind their "German" advertising campaign is to emphysise on improved build quality and attention to detail rather than German styling. This is something the last C5 lacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

crosstownk wrote: »
    Only the 1.6HDi Dymanique is on sale with the post-July prices. That said, this will be the most popular seller in the new C5 range.

Not so sure about that, I was offered a 2.0HDI Exclusive around €35.5K, that was based on Citroens published post July prices. As it was a factory order it must have been the post July price. Correct me if I'm wrong...

• Advertisement

As it was a factory order it must have been the post July price. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Yep - it'll be delivered post July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Citroen's website has finally been updated to show July prices(ages after we had their July prices here).

Because so many manufacturers left it until only a few days/weeks ago to tell us I don't see sales improving realistically until next year.

Perhaps BMW/MINI will fare best of all for this year, since they released theirs in April?

May is a bad time of the year to launch a new car, that's the simple reason why there are so few C5s around.

It deserves to sell much better than the old one did, but I certainly wouldn't buy one new until I saw how the residuals pan out. Certainly in the UK they're expecting it to be much more resistant to depreciation than before, but I'd say it'll take some time for that to happen in conservative Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

crosstownk wrote: »

Wrong. The French ambassador has a C6, but it is possible that he may have a C5 on demo.....

Does the c6 have the curved rear window as well?

LolaDub wrote: »
    Does the c6 have the curved rear window as well?

Yep - it sure does.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭cabra64

Alittle off topic but yesterday our 03 HDi C5 flashed up as over heating. Less than 60k on clock. Not a major prob just replaced the thermostat and driving away again this evening. I am aware that citreon electrics are not famed for there reliability but was wondering have many had this problem?

• Advertisement

The thermostat is not an electronic component. Thermostats fail regularly in a lot of cars - not just Citroëns. You're right, the C5 (series I) is not the most reliable yoke on the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭cabra64

update on previous post-apparently it was a cell in the computer that went and not the thermo (thanks for correction). The car is running so not sure what the plan is it'l have to see the Dealer nowanyway cos it has FCSH. Right pain tho these small things going.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Fancy getting one of these at a good price and don't mind the higher running costs of the petrol? Well, Citroen have passed off the remaining 1.8 petrols to dealerships as they will be unsellable come tomorrow. They were registered last week - most are still in the shipping yard. 24K cash (maybe even less) should get you the Dynamique model. That's a good 5 grand less than you'll get the 1.6 diesel for...

Advertisement