Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag rugby in Athlone

Options
  • 24-06-2008 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi. Does anyone know if there is tag rugby played in Athlone and how one would go about joining a team? Maybe it's too late in the summer to start- but sure. Just saw some people round the town wearing tag rugby shorts last weekend so i assume it must be played somewhere round town.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Give Geraldine Kenny at Buccaneers a ring on 086 1732711. I know there's tag rugby going on in Mullingar. Not sure about Athlone, but if there is Geraldine should be able to tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Theres a league already in progress in Buccs as far as I know.
    I also seen people playing it in the Regional Sports Centre yesterday but dont know if that was a team or just a mess about

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭crazy_spider

There is a league already going on at the minute. there's only 2 or 3 weeks left in it. matches are on every thursday at bucks pitch around 7 or half 7

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johntreacy

Anyone know is there a leauge starting this year and when

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭roosterman71

There is tag rugby at dubarry park from May - July most years

Volvic Tag Rugby

Its mainly an interfirm league, but I reckon they wouldn't turn away a team. Last year there was 10 teams in 2 leagues (B league for intermediate, C league for beginners). In 2007 there was 14 teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

There's not a league in progress at the moment and do not ring Geraldine Kenny. like the last thread go to www.tagrugby.ie. You can register a team there or you can find a team to play on there! The league usually starts mid may for 11 or 12 weeks. You'll love it!!! I don't even know you but can guarantee you will look forward to it every week.

Advertisement