Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

number of car journeys world wide a year

Options
  • 24-06-2008 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭

hey im trying to figure out if something is safer than driving your car

does anyone know were i could find stats onrough amount of car journeys a year and rough amount of serious injuries in car accidents and fatalities? or if you know where i could the statistics for north america that would be just as good (i say north america as i have their statistics for the activity i want to compare it to)

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

So what activity are you looking for this stats to compare to?! And who are you trying to convince to let you do it....parents/partner?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

I would imagine worldwide figures would vary a hell of a lot!

As would whatever you define a journey - a trip to the shops or a journey to Cork (from Letterkenny!)?

Wikipedia is always good to browse...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Cionád wrote: »

Wow Ireland has twice the number of fatalities as the UK, and Lithuania and Latvia have twice the number of fatalities as Ireland :eek:

Road fatalities per 100,000 inhabitants
    Great Britain 5.4
    Ireland 9.3
    Lithuania 22.3
    Latvia 17.74

You often hear Polish boardsies telling how many lessons they have to take before they get a license, their fatalities are 50% than those in Ireland :eek:

Poland 13.8

Advertisement