Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accuracy of UB online banking

Options
  • 24-06-2008 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Has anyone ever had any strange entries listed in their most recent transactions displayed online? Have used Ulster's online banking for a couple of years without any errors/problems. However, this evening I checked it and it shows a 3 grand lodgement dated from yesterday. Its highly unlikely its mine...unless someone i know thinks i could do with the money (they must be mind readers! ;) )
    The code beside it is just 'LDG' - so its not a cheque. Is that just a direct transfer then?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

The online banking should be as accurate as the account info (ie it would be the same as if you were to go into a branch and ask for a statement).

As for this extra 3 grand. I would assume the 'LDG' stands for Lodgement.

If that it is the case, it is probably due to either a customer or bank official error (ie the money was intended to be lodged to another account). It could be that the customer had bad writing and their '4' looks like a '7' etc. Or perhaps either the customer or bank official hit the wrong key when entering the account number.

Don't worry about, these things usually get sorted after a few days (when the customer rings up the bank attacking them for losing their 3 grand (even though it was the customer's (usually) fault.

Oh, by the way - that isn't your money, not now, not ever. If you spend it, you will have to pay interest on it (plus, possibly surcharge rates and fees depending on exactly what happens). If it is still there by Friday, and you are sure that it is not yours, you can ring the telephone banking to report it (and remove the temptation to spend it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

* ADV is a separate advice
    * BAC is an automated pay in
    * BGC is a bank giro pay in
    * CHG is a charge
    * CHQ is a cheque
    * ATM is a withdrawal from a cash machine
    * D/D is a direct debit
    * DIV is a dividend
    * OTR is a transaction you've made using Anytime Internet Banking
    * IBP is an inter branch payment
    * INT is interest
    * ITL is an international transaction
    * LST is a list of items
    * NDC is no dividend counterfoil
    * POS is a Laser payment
    * S/O is a standing order
    * SBT is a funds transfer
    * TEL is a transaction you've made using Anytime Telephone Banking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭baguio

Thanks dotsman/random. Oh well, i can pretend I have 3k to blow i suppose! :D

Advertisement