Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to build a good muscular body

Options
  • 25-06-2008 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey everyone I was wondering if you could give me some advice.

Here are my stats:

Height: 5'10
    Weight: 64 kilos. 10 st 3lb

I would like to build a good body.

Ive recently decided to join a gym. The other day I went there for the first time and I got an assessment. The instructor who gave me the assessment was very young and did'nt look like he knew his stuff. He told me to do cardio (Threadmill, rowing machine etc..) 3 times a week for the next 3 months. He advised me not to start lifting weights until I have done this. I feel that this decision isnt a good idea because I believe I am fit and the instructor me I was also. Obviously I dont need to lose weight so I dont see much point in working out so intensively on these machines.

I dont know what steps I should take to build a good muscular body.

Should I try put on alot of weight without lifting weights?
    Should I start lifting weights now?
    Should I cut out all the junkfood I eat daily?
    Should I continue with the cardio machines?
    Supplements?

What steps should I take and in what order should I do them to?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Step 1: Post in the right place ;)
    Step 2: Learn the basic lifts (squat, bench and deadlift)
    Step 3: Concetrate on getting stonger on those, and using other exercises to drive them up
    Step 4: Food. Lots of it.
    Step 5: Time

It's not something that'll just happen, nor is it something that is overly complicated. You just gotta hit the basics, and hit them hard. Eat to support this and it's only a matter of time til you start to get in good shape.

Advertisement