Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

somebody got the pedal wrong (new, improved heading)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

She must have floored it!! If you tried to do that on purpose you would be hard pressed to do it. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

And the scores at the end are.............
    chelsea tractor 1
    sportscar 0

proves the point though, 4x4 remained largely unscathed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Canyonero!

_44776227_a2ae64fc-ba52-42ab-bdba-6802365e91d1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭skibum

Love this bit:
    The BBC spoke to the driver of the Toyota, but he said he was "not in the mood to give interviews".

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

skibum wrote: »
    Love this bit:
    The BBC spoke to the driver of the Toyota, but he said he was "not in the mood to give interviews".

It's a man driver, so why is the thread called woman driver?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

It's a man driver, so why is the thread called woman driver?

That "he" is referrring to the driver of the Celica

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭HAPPYGIRL

Where in the link does it say the driver of the SUV was a woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

HAPPYGIRL wrote: »
    Where in the link does it say the driver of the SUV was a woman?
    I was just wondering that myself! From the link:
    Police are investigating a crash in which a £30,000 SUV ended up parked on top of two other cars, one of them a Porsche sports car worth up to £45,000.
    It happened at about 1700 BST in the car park of the Co-Op supermarket on Belfast's Lisburn Road.
    The vehicle, an automatic Lexus, drove over the Porsche and a Toyota Celica, which were parked directly in front.
    The Porsche Boxster was damaged on its wing and bonnet, while the Toyota Celica was crushed.
    Both cars were damaged, although the SUV escaped largely unscathed
    One person, believed to be the Porsche driver, was taken to hospital.
    His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
    They only mention the driver of one of the parked cars under the SUV.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Par72

Perhaps the title of the thread should be changed to something more appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Joe Malone

The story was covered on BBC newsline last night. They stated that the driver was female.

• Advertisement

Par72 wrote: »
    Perhaps the title of the thread should be changed to something more appropriate.

What do you suggest? Heres mine
    Stupid woman wrecks two cars with her Lexus jeep

Joe Malone wrote: »
    What do you suggest? Heres mine
    Stupid woman wrecks two cars with her Lexus jeep

I was thinking something more like "I'm sexist and here's a thread to prove it"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

thread has a new heading ...all happy now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

peasant wrote: »
    thread has a new heading ...all happy now?

Considering the driver of the SUV was a woman I'm going to say no!

Where do I register my protest vote?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

The story was covered on BBC newsline last night. They stated that the driver was female.
    Ah, fair enough. I wonder why the online article omitted that fact?

malice_ wrote: »
    Ah, fair enough. I wonder why the online article omitted that fact?

Probably because the gender of the driver is of little or no relevance.

I was thinking something more like "I'm sexist and here's a thread to prove it"

What load of crap - usual PC brigade rubbish
    Women drivers is a well known comedy genre - I for one think this is hilarious in that context!
    The fact is it was a woman who drove her expensive, high powered vehicle on top of two cars in a carpark. This feat of stupidity is of biblical proportions regardless of the sex of the driver. However as it was a woman and women drivers is a comedy genre - can you not see the comedy of this?

It will probably make the news all over the world purely on comedy

What load of crap - usual PC brigade rubbish
    Women drivers is a well known comedy genre - I for one think this is hilarious in that context!
    The fact is it was a woman who drove her expensive, high powered vehicle on top of two cars in a carpark. This feat of stupidity is of biblical proportions regardless of the sex of the driver. However as it was a woman and women drivers is a comedy genre - can you not see the comedy of this?

It will probably make the news all over the world purely on comedy

No I don't see the comedy in it at all. Would you not find it funny if it was a male driver then because that's not a "well known comedy genre"?

Racist jokes used to be a "well known comedy genre" but I don't think you'd be posting racist jokes here would you? What if it was a black driver? Would it be acceptable to post a thread called "black driver"?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

skibum wrote: »
    Love this bit:

Ah, that well known misconstruct - "Toyota Lexus"

Well, that's what I thought, anyhoo......;)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

No I don't see the comedy in it at all. Would you not find it funny if it was a male driver then because that's not a "well known comedy genre?
    I'd say you're a barrel of laughs down the pub! :pac:

• Advertisement

No I don't see the comedy in it at all. Would you not find it funny if it was a male driver then because that's not a "well known comedy genre"?

Racist jokes used to be a "well known comedy genre" but I don't think you'd be posting racist jokes here would you? What if it was a black driver? Would it be acceptable to post a thread called "black driver"?

Nobody made this up.
    FACT: Woman driver drove her high powered car onto two parked cars in a carpark

This is hilarious regardless of gender but the fact that it was a woman driver makes it even more so.
    Its the very same as jokes about guys that won't ask for directions. Get over it. Its funny!:D

Nobody made this up.
    FACT: Woman driver drove her high powered car onto two parked cars in a carpark

This is hilarious regardless of gender but the fact that it was a woman driver makes it even more so.
    Its the very same as jokes about guys that won't ask for directions. Get over it. Its funny!:D

Fair enough. I'll keep my eyes peeled for accidents involving male drivers and post them all up here in the name of comedy under the title "male driver". That'll be great craic won't it? Bear in mind someone was actually injured here, seriously enough to have to go to hospital - gas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

lol stereotype of Northern Driver + Wimmin Driver = SUV atop two cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

malice_ wrote: »
    I was just wondering that myself! From the link:

They only mention the driver of one of the parked cars under the SUV.

They mention both. They mention that one driver believed to be the driver of the Porsche was taken to hospital while "his" injuries aren't serious, and the driver of the Toyota said "he" isn't interested in giving an interview. So the two car drivers can be assumed to be male.
    The driver of the Lexus 4x4 can assumed to be female by the fact that someone mentioned that BBC news last night said so. Also by the way she parked! :D

Fair enough. I'll keep my eyes peeled for accidents involving male drivers and post them all up here in the name of comedy under the title "male driver".
    Go for it. But this and your suggested threads sould really go into Rec->AfterHours or Comedy.
    That'll be great craic won't it?
    I dunno. It would all depend on your delivery and audience. There is a risk, that as a novice to comedy, you could get these wrong, and just come across as bitter.

You might be right... saying it was a black driver mightn't be as funny, unless it was a black woman! :p

You're rolling rocks today Biro :D

Zulu wrote: »
    You're rolling rocks today Biro :D

Ah one has to push the boat out every now and again!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Between the time I posted and when other people came online the article had been modified, the original article had a lot more detail in it including an interview with a nearby coffee shop owner who reported that the woman driver was 'Befuddled'.
    Obviously the female editor arrived and found the article to be defamatory and ordered it to be purged of any gender references in case someone took offence, oh wait..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Anyone see the story in The Herald yesterday.

Learner driver just about to start their test Tallaght. While pulling out of the test centre the driver didn't look properly. Obviously pulled out onto the road a little and bang a truck took the front of the car off.

Must go down as the worst test ever. Luckily nobody was injured so it’s ok to laugh.

LINK

Advertisement