Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

somebody got the pedal wrong (new, improved heading)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Ahahaha, crazy wimmin drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Zulu wrote: »

Wow... two funny stories about daft driving techniques and both women drivers! What are the odds, eh? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Anyone see the story in The Herald yesterday.

Learner driver just about to start their test Tallaght. While pulling out of the test centre the driver didn't look properly. Obviously pulled out onto the road a little and bang a truck took the front of the car off.

Must go down as the worst test ever. Luckily nobody was injured so it’s ok to laugh.

LINK

It looks like the "L" plate on the front is "photo-shopped" on, can't beat a bit of sensationalism :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

It looks like the "L" plate on the front is "photo-shopped" on, can't beat a bit of sensationalism :rolleyes:

Considering she was just doing her driving test it would have been a requirement to have an L plate at the front of the car. Otherwise she wouldn't have been allowed proceed with the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Good. Well done and a great thanks to the truck driver for putting himself on the line in order to save the rest of us.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Between the time I posted and when other people came online the article had been modified, the original article had a lot more detail in it including an interview with a nearby coffee shop owner who reported that the woman driver was 'Befuddled'.
    Obviously the female editor arrived and found the article to be defamatory and ordered it to be purged of any gender references in case someone took offence, oh wait..

Thank you. I was going to edit my earlier post but i was sure I had read in the article that it was a female driver in the Lexus.

Even if it hadn't said that I still could see from the photos that it was not a man who did that. A man would not have stopped halfway, a man would drive all the way across the two cars and get out and give out to the people in the parked cars for driving under him. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

I feel sorry for the guy in the Celica, the Boxster has a grazed wing, but the Celica was properly drove over!

Imagine him walking back to his car, 'yep, parked next to a Porsche so no chances of door marking on the side of my car . . . . AGHH what the . . .'!!

Awful situation!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

my theory is the Lexus was in neutral, the driver pressed the gas and expected to move off, nothing happened, she then floored it, and subsequently realised the car was in neutral, pulled it into Drive, car shot forward and mounted the other 2.

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Joe Malone

colm_mcm wrote: »
    my theory is the Lexus was in neutral, the driver pressed the gas and expected to move off, nothing happened, she then floored it, and subsequently realised the car was in neutral, pulled it into Drive, car shot forward and mounted the other 2.

?

actually that sounds like the most likely chain of events. I couldn't figure out how she did it - it just seems like the most unusual accident to happen. Whats the bets on the drivers hair colour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Zulu wrote: »
    Ffs, why would anyone learn to drive in a 08 car, a 2 or 3k euro should be good enough to start with and work up to a better one once you get the hang of it, i won't say anything about women drivers only that they're my best customers, and I'm a panelbeater!!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

Joe Malone wrote: »
    Whats the bets on the drivers hair colour?

My money is blonde and aged roundabout 28 - 33 and possibly good looking but lacking any basic brain cells. Funnily I can see this being added to every one of those chain emails which both mock women drivers and bad parking at the same time. "not in the mood to give an interview" priceless :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

also the report describes the Lexus as being worth £30,000, but it's a pre 2003 model, so therefore not worth anywhere near that.

Advertisement