Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to contact Ryanair

Options
  • 25-06-2008 8:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

Last Wednesday I was booking a flight from Liverpool to Dublin on the Ryanair site. A few times during the booking procedure the site crashed giving the message "There was an error. Would you like to start over" I left it for a while came back to it and got past the crdeit card entry page to the final page "Please wait while your booking is being confirmed" Then the crash came again with the Would you like to start over message. I didnt start over as I had already input my credit card details and was afraid I would be charged twice. A few days later I see that my card has been charged for the flight yet I have no reference number or confirmation email.

Assuming its simply a matter of ringing Ryanair and explaining the story then the nightmare begins. On their website they have no contact email address. They have a 1570 phone number charged at €1.75 per minute and they have a useless 0818 number which has 7 options, 2 of which direct you to the 1570 number then hang up, 3 more options that tell you that you can do this on ryanair.com and 2 others that dont answer. They have a fax number that you should only contact after your flight if you have had a problem. It also requires you to quote your boking reference number. I sent 2 faxes to this number yesterday in the hope that someone there might pass my query on to the right place but no joy so far.

I have been reluctant to call the €1.75 per minute number as the error is not of my making so why should I be extorted for their site crashing. I reckon I might eventually have to ring this number but it will be a last resort. Their site says the following:

When do I receive my tickets for the flights that I have booked?

Ryanair is a ticketless airline, so there's no need to worry about collecting tickets. All you need to remember is your booking reference, along with your passport for international flights, or an acceptable form of photographic ID on domestic flights and Ireland-UK-Ireland routes.

Passengers who book over the Internet will be sent an email that includes their booking reference and itinerary details, provided they have supplied a valid email address.

But while they have charged my credit card they have failed to send the email that they claim to. The flight is next Friday (4th. July) and I am getting anxious.

Wondering has anyone any ideas what I can do next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ryanair

Corporate Head Office Dublin Airport Co. Dublin

(01)8121212

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

Yep,
    Ryanair and Customer Service !?! TOTAL F-ING JOKE !
    I had the same issue last wednesday, don't try and call the premium support line, it only disconnects as well !!!!!

When I did get thru to the call centre, 90% of the options given disconnected me after playing a message saying "go to our website", the 10% that didn't gave incessant Music on Hold (gave up after 5 minutes waiting).

I was pulling out what is left of my hair as couldn't get my boarding passes, could'nt get thru to the call centre, called shannon airport only to be told the desk doesnt take calls and given an 01 number, rang that, disconnected again..

even tried overseas numbers, same thing.... Total fookin joke.

I managed finally to get this sorted by using my credit card reference instead of the email the confirmation was sent to (long shot) so got it sorted.

I work for a company that provides Call queuing and call centre software, it would be sooo easy for Ryaniar to implement something better than they have but it's clear they dont want to.

My issue with this is when people say "eh, for a tenner, wtf do you expect???"
    , err to be able to contact the company with whom I have a contract to supply a service (in this case a flight) would be a good start.....

No hint of an apology on the website, nothing... sooo clear they don't respect their customers... its about time they were forced to sit up and take notice, yet, while they don't NEED the business I provide, thats unlikely to happen...

FBP.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Do a credit card chargeback and book again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

The reference number will be on your credit card statement, call them and they'll give it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

craichoe wrote: »
    The reference number will be on your credit card statement, call them and they'll give it to you.

this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Shelllz

Hi op Same thing happened to me last week! Site crashed at the payment page...came back and said it was not comfirmed or something! So i presumed the payment didnt go through!......................WRONG! Checked my CC today and i was charged for it! There was a ref no. with a load of zero's and 3 letters on the end so what you need to do is ring your CC company and say that you want the full ref no. for the transaction.

Then go onto ryanair click on manage my booking, key in the confirmation no. and fill in the details they require then it'll bring you into your booking where you can print off your itinerary!

Don't even bother trying to phone any of the numbers they're useless!!

Hope you get it sorted!
    Shellz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

Thanks to everybody for your help.

I ranfg the number that Seamus suggested (8121212) and was delighted to hear the option "If you wish to speak to an operator press 0" After about 20 minutes of music and reminders of how busy they were I looked in on baords again to see were there any other suggestions, and saw the one about how the booking number was part of the credit card transaction number. I was about to hang up and try that, when a voice spoke into my ear and said "Ryanair can I help you?" I told her my story, and she confirmed that I was booked and gave me the confirmation number which was indeed the last 6 digits of the CC transaction number. I was then able to view my booking and print out my "ticket" Without the help of boards I would probably be now fighting with the credit card company to stop the payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Wow.

I thought I was going to have to tell you to get back on that phone and be firm and abusive.

Result :)

Advertisement