Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mods only: Transportation on this forum

Options
  • 25-06-2008 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

I wish to bring forward to your attention discussions about transportation on this forum.

This subject should be excluded on this forum as there is already a much larger forum about transportation.

Now I understand that transportation is technically a part of infrastructure however by allowing this topic to be discussed here, you are allowing near duplicate forums to exist discussing the same subjects. It is unfair to users of either forums as they probably don't realises that the other exists. I didn't know that transportation was being discussed here until someone provided a link here.

In the interest of fairness to all users the discussion about transportation should only be in one place.
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Didn't this forum used to be part of Commuting & Transport?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Didn't this forum used to be part of Commuting & Transport?
    That was meant to be a temporary thing so it could be populated with the "eclectic mix" of Infrastructure (other types) that were in C&T.

I've not discussed it in detail, but I'm tempted to have "roads" here and "traffic" in C&T.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭serfboard

Why not just remove the "& Transport" bit from the C&T forum?

You can then either append it here, or create a new one for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Roads is infrastructure the last time I checked.

Mike.

Using a plumbing analogy, pipework is infrastructure; water is traffic!
    Therefore the roads, rails, canals & footpaths are infrastructure; cars, lorries, public transport (all modes), ships/boats & aeroplanes are transport. Transport used for getting to & from work is commutinig.
    Well, that's how I see it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Metrobest

If it ain´t broke don´t fix it. I think the old forum was better. Commuting, infrastructure and transport all correlate. It would be a bad idea to move the interesting discussion of C&T onto another forum. Audiences would decline. It would akin to BBC moving Eastenders from BBC1 to BBC3 because that is the entertainment channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

If you really wanted this to be Mods only why didn't you just PM them?!

Advertisement