Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jumbos at Dublin Airport

Options
  • 25-06-2008 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can anyone tell me why there are no more passenger Jumbo jets using Dublin airport. Flew from Heathrow the other day and it seemed that this size of plane made up half of craft. I remember flying to Toronto on a Jumbo from Dublin in the 80's.What has changed ?

Corm500

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Air Canada used to fly once a week to Dublin. Now it's daily using a smaller aircraft, but probably twice or three times the seats per week.

More frequent flights and more destinations with smaller aircraft seems to be the order of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Air Canada now use a B762 into Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

I just saw a Star Alliance 747 (SP I think) flying to Dublin Airport about 6pm tonight !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Since the early 90ies Aer lingus and other transcontinental carriers made the choice to move towards twin engine rather than four engines for economic reasons as earlier 747's were inefficient. Delta never used Jumbos but had trijet are are now using more and more twins.

I don’t think there is any scheduled passenger 747's flying out of Ireland any more. Anything that lands is either a cargo, diversion or charter of some sort.

Advertisement