Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International vs Americans

• 25-06-2008 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so you've got a 5v5 of the above. What's your teams going to be?

International
    C: Duncan
    F: Notwistki (sp)
    F: Ginobli
    G: Nash - not so sure about this pick tbh
    G: Parker

Americans:
    C: Howard
    F: Garnett
    F: Lebron
    G: Kobe
    G: Chris Paul

Didn't have much time to think about it so threw them up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

I take Nash at 1, Ginobli at 2 and Turkoglu at 3. Wouldn't put Nash and Parker on the court at the same time anyway, it'd be one or the other.

I think if I was matching up against that US team, I'd take Yao Ming and use Duncan at 4 instead of Nowitzki ... brings a more even matchup.

Don't think you can mess much with that US team, although there's no straight shooter there. If you only had 5-5 I might take ray-ray instead of LeBron or Kobe or maybe Arenas instead of CP3. Yes, they're better players, but that matters not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'd have to try get Andrew Bogut in there somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Yeah I'd go with Arenas/Allen as 6th/7th men for the American team.

As for the international team, I'd probably take Parker over Nash particularly with Ginobli & Duncan there, they'd be used to each other's style of play. As for Yao, I just don't like how he plays. :pac: Just so big and awkward and he's just a target for people looking to block his shot or to dunk on him. If I could have any international forward ever, it would be Olajuwon, no question. However, it's current players so I'll stick with my choices at PF & C. Turkoglu would definately be a good addition at 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

USA

PG: Chris Paul
    SG: Kobe
    SF: LeBron James
    PF: Kevin Garnett
    C: Dwight Howard

International
    PG: Nash
    SG: Manu Ginobilli
    F: Nowitzki
    F: Gasol