Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapish pubs and clubs

Options
  • 25-06-2008 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

k so me and 4 other non boardies (They just don't understand) are coming down to Dublin this weekend as the GF is going to boyzone(!) now when her and her mates have fecked off i'm hittin the boards beers but when the gig is done i don't think it'd be their style as they aren't like the rest of us.

so my question is where is the cheaper pubs and clubs around the City Center? or are our wallets just gonna get raped no matter what? (hotel costing 75 each already ffs)

Any ideas would be much apprecieted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

danniemcq wrote: »
    k so me and 4 other non boardies (They just don't understand) are coming down to Dublin this weekend as the GF is going to boyzone(!) now when her and her mates have fecked off i'm hittin the boards beers but when the gig is done i don't think it'd be their style as they aren't like the rest of us.

so my question is where is the cheaper pubs and clubs around the City Center? or are our wallets just gonna get raped no matter what? (hotel costing 75 each already ffs)

Any ideas would be much apprecieted

Most charge in or about the same for drink. I just noticed about 3 weeks ago in the city that a bottle of hinekin has gone about €5 / bottle in nearly every pub!! and nobody seems to have noticed!!

Best to try find a late bar (one which stays open till 2:30pm on Saturday night) and not pay into a night club... there's a few around, upstairs in the mercantile is big and isn't bad and stays open late. That's the place above the boards beers, so maybe you have have the best of both worlds!!!

Boards beers sounds like fun, pitty i can't go.... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

jesus fiver a bottle, i was raging at getting charged 4.80 for pint bottle of Bulmers in Letterkenny!

shoulda got a loan!

no boards beers shame on you (although this is my first in a while!) cheers though!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Hi Chez Inn have €3.00 pints and the boards beers is on saturday night in the merc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Generally most places will charge the same. The Palace on Camden street doesn't have a door charge though, which is always nice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Fibbers is 3.50 for pints of fosters and bavaria all night.The most you'll be charged is 5 quid in after 8 pm.Also a short and a splash is only a fiver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

If they're not likely to appreciate a boards beers, they certainly won't enjoy the freakshow at Fibbers, IMHO :)

Igy wrote: »
    If they're not likely to appreciate a boards beers, they certainly won't enjoy the freakshow at Fibbers, IMHO :)

Far superior to the Confederacy of **** prevalant in most city centre pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Hey, i drink there myself upon occasion, but i think my point stands :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Sgt Slaughter

Get your ass into Coppers, only €5 a beer and its free to grope and grab whatever you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Get your ass into Coppers, only €5 a beer and its free to grope and grab whatever you want

That's a bad shout if ever I heard one.

There's nowhere cheap and good in Dublin.

If you want cheap, head to the Parnell Mooney. If you want good, head elsewhere.

• Advertisement

The flowing tide in abbey street sells Fosters for 3.60 a pint.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

purty kitchen
    3 euro beers and alcopops

great if ya like em young

i do :D

Advertisement