Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Highlight need to setup local community projects**

Options
  • 25-06-2008 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

In Light of recent months changes in cost of living in Ireland ,rise in cost of petrol/diesel ,rise in heating oil ,and also massive increases in electricity and future rises for winter 2008 in electricity, is there support out there for setting up non profit making local environmental projects to help reduce fuel costs and electricty costs ?I have done lot of research in 3 or 4
    areas myself over last 4 or 5 years and its only now suppliers for environmental projects for domestic and commerical small business's have come down in price a lot .With advent of internet since last recession 25 years ago access to new technolgies has become as easy as type it into Googler .Wouldn't it be great to see projects in local communities in towns,cities small villages and individuals isolated in country areas have set of systems in place to make their energy needs practically free well those systems are there for public to buy one system have come across is windpower system 1200 watts for 400 euro approx from states .I have a design for rainwater harvesting system that can be used in country and URBAN areas and pumps and filters are not expensive all available on ebay .Oil tanks can be used for storage who the hell wants to buy heating oil this winter you would want to be nuts rich or poor oil is going to ridiculous price no need for it whatsoever .Also i have ideas in sold fuel burning without buying solid fuel cookers .One of which is paper used to make briquettes combing paper /cardboard with compost/organic material to decrease burn time .Why not use that old oil tank you have to soak paper and cardboard for couple days .Greenhouse can be built in garden out back or put glass panel in roof to dry paper briquettes ,only takes 3 /4 weeks in summer people are throwing out tonnes of paper every week around country from offices .Fuel now can be made cheaply as well for domestic use by use of chlorella sp algae to produce biodiesel and bioethanol .This can be used to power ones car ,jeep ,and home heating .These are some of ideas i have been researching i'm sure i'm not the only one :) so lets get together and start saving money on our bills rather than falling into old trap in this country about complaining about price of electricty and also price diesel and petrol .These days we have no excuse back in 80's we had ,there was no avenue to source products like these in global market but nowadays there is so much available to help us all get through this recession without having to queque up every Saturday in credit union to pay our utility bills .If people DO NOT PULL TOGETHERand do not setup these local community projects which by the way can be funded by local authorities as part of EU directive submissions need to be in by 16 July 2008 and end of october 2008 for research project link to college or university then ESB ,Bord Gais ,Eirgrid ,Airtricity,Banks ,Credit Unions ,Oil Companies ,Bord na Mona etc and private business's who will charge fortune for alternative bioenergy products and will be over governed by SEI so tying up grant process and when i reckon these projects could be blue print for rest of world not only Kilkenny and south east .Time to act is now so who is interested in starting these up ?
    Time for reading books is over time for acting is
    NOW so who wants to have a bash at it !!?

Advertisement