Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80's Steelies

Options
  • 25-06-2008 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster. I see some of you like doing up old bikes. I have two old racers that are free to a good home if anyone fancies them.

Most of you are probably to young to remember these models :rolleyes:

1. Carlton 'Criterium' 10 speed.
    2.Raleigh 'tour of Ireland' 10 speed.

The Carlton is working fine, the Raleigh would need a new set of wheels.

I won't bore you with any more details in case no one is interested.

cheers
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

PM sent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

PM sent, be particularly interested in the Raleigh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

id be interested in either of these

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dave319

Hi all,

I've had a few pm's looking for info, so to save everyones time here's a bit more info.

I'm based in Ballincollig in Cork.

bit of bike info. Just realised they are actually 70's bikes.

Both frames are 21'
    The Raleigh is a reynolds 531, the Carlton is'nt. but does have a nice frame.

A few years ago I pulled the Carlton out of the attic I got new wheels for it and changed the back cassette for a six speed one, replaced the cables and bearings used it for a few months then the winter came and I parked it back up.

I had straight bars and 700c wheels on the raleigh for a while but I couldn't get the correct brakes to fit so it wasn't the best.

Can't think of any other info at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Could be hard enough to get 27" wheels these days.
    Mind you I had a set-up with 700c on a 27" frame and the brakes did reach the rims.

• Advertisement
Advertisement