Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last min buying advice! (Holcross Cycles)

Options
  • 25-06-2008 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi all, thanks for help on thread last week re: Doubles/triples:)

but now Im just about to buy and just want opinions on one last bike & shop. Components seem good for price offered

http://www.holcroscycles.com/productdetail/23/779/BH-Race-One-105-(L25T).html

Have searched old threads and web but cant find much on brand or heard from anyone who has shopped there before.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

Haven't heard of the shop, but have seen a few BH bikes around, and they were moving along nicely. Don't actually know anyone that has or had one, but I've seen some decent cyclists on them.

The bike looks well spec'd for 700 euro - 105, carbon fork, decent wheels and tyres etc. For 700 euro, I would consider it a very low risk buy.:D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

BH are a Spanish brand. Don't see too many of them here, but I'd see a fair few in Spain, where they're well known. Aluminium frame, carbon forks and 105 is a pretty good package. Never heard of those wheels before though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

One of the guys in the office has a BH, and he's happy with it. For the wheels, see here

• Registered Users Posts: 48 donal_mcg

Thanks guys, it seemed to me a good deal for the price plus £25 shipping, but this will be my first road bike since teenage years (15yrs ago!). I love MTB and want to supplement that with road biking too as I am viewing some triathlons/adventure races later in the summer.

It was just the compact frame I was a little unsure of (as most web pages on this bike are french/spanish)
    all shops I visited here were pointing me towards a 56cm frame but I spoke with these guys on the phone and he recommended the 49cm compact frame for this model for my height/weight 84kg 5'10.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MackPaddy

Sorry to jump on your thread but this looks like a great deal.Would seriously consider one myself for the price.

Im no expert and Ive limited access to google at work,but I cant find information on the difference between a compact and regular frame.

At a whopping 5'8 would the 44cm frame be more my size? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

MackPaddy wrote: »
    Sorry to jump on your thread but this looks like a great deal.Would seriously consider one myself for the price.

Im no expert and Ive limited access to google at work,but I cant find information on the difference between a compact and regular frame.

At a whopping 5'8 would the 44cm frame be more my size? :)

I think the best bet is giving them a phone and seeing what they say. Your inside leg measurement will the be critical one

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

BH are a very reputable bike maker; they sponsor a Pro Tour team, Ag2r-La Mondiale.

Advertisement