Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baretta M92F - Gas type

Options
  • 25-06-2008 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi all,

This is certainly a newbie, question. But here it goes.

I bought an Airsoft Baretta M92F in Greece about 10 years ago. Has been used very little. The original Gas i got with the gun was not labeled. When the original gas was gone I bought American Eagle Blowback gas, however i get no where near the compression I was gettng previously. I doubt it would even travel 25 feet. There is no manufacturer mentioned on the box, and was made in Taiwan. Now on the box the gas type says C02, so I can't imagine it would have said that if it was a propane based gas. The problem is i am not sure if C02 is available in that type of canister. ie. not the small one you put into the gun.

Any ideas whould be appreciated.

Regards

Gavin

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

there will be an adapter available for Co2 tanks so you can fill regular mag valve with them, im not sure if its already been released yet though., a lot of the co2 pistols can come in way over the limit too so you should check to make sure its legal.,

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Thanks for the reply, i don;t see any advertised on the net, that are not the cartridge type. So is it possible that even though its says C02 on the box, it may be just green gas.
    Gav

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah it might be, sometimes they write complete cr*p on the boxes. take the ARMY AK for example,
    "the worlds first mentally retarded rapper".,lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

mentally disabled rapper wasn't it?

GavinH: was the gas that came with the pistol in a canister similar to what green gas is in? Co2 is much higher pressure (800+psi when liquid) compared to green gas (about 100psi) so co2 is normally in fairly sturdy containers. I've never heard of co2 being used in a similar fashion to green gas, and I wouldn't fancy it myself, it can be dangerous stuff if not stored and handled correctly

It was in a small container, as it came with the gun in the box, it had a metal valve fitting compared to the plastic one on the Blow Back.

• Advertisement

Guys, Apologies.

I looked at the box, and it doesn't say Co2 on it, i don't know why i thought it did. One way or the other the American Eagle SP1574 MA blowback gas, doesn' work with it, so does anybody know if the Green Gas is a different type?

Regards

Gavin

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Never used american eagle stuf but if it doesnt work on green its not really worth using.

Advertisement