Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DOE Testing

Options
  • 25-06-2008 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

just wondering, i have a small car van with commercial tax, the tax is up this month so do i need my D.O.E done before i get my new tax disc? or can it be done afterwards? i know people can tax there cars before there NCT is renewed, any help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

No you need DOE, they closed the loophole recently where you could tax it without a cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

hoggibear wrote: »
    just wondering, i have a small car van with commercial tax, the tax is up this month so do i need my D.O.E done before i get my new tax disc? or can it be done afterwards? i know people can tax there cars before there NCT is renewed, any help appreciated

If last years DOE cert is still valid then you can use that to tax it again for the year, or if it isn't a year old yet.

If the DOE has already expired then as Savman says, you'll need the DOE done and the cert to be able to tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hoggibear

cheers lads, nice one...

Advertisement