Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Band Required - Recommendations

• 25-06-2008 11:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    2 of my good friends will be getting married in Galway later in the year. As they are both living in Australia, they have asked me to find a wedding band for the occasion.
    They are looking for a band who can do covers of 70s/80s/90s music as well as a few waltzes / jives.
    If anyone has any recommendations or suggestions in this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. J.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I'd recommend the Oyster Boys from Clarenbridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Weightless Astronauts are the best wedding band I've seen in Galway. Probably booked out forever though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 sheepeyes

The Astronauts are booked out for a serious length of time, worth getting in contact with them though, they are very good. They play every Sunday night upstairs in the Quays if you want to check them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

I had a band called "The elastic band" for my wedding two years ago. Very good. My cousin saw them and booked them for her wedding in Donegal last month. One of them will also dj aswell after them. If you want their number pm me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I had the weightless astronauts at my own wedding... they were excellent alright, kept the floor hopping for the night, I'd highly recommend them. Couple of my buddies have had them too and were similarly happy.
    They play in the Warwick and the Quays regularly too, but tend to "rock" more at these venues than they would at weddings if you know what I mean.

They tend to be booked out well in advance though as others have said!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Fly High

Hahaha I came in hear to suggest Hartmans as they do lovely wedding bands... but I gather it's not the jewels your after!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Louise~ wrote: »
    Hahaha I came in hear to suggest Hartmans as they do lovely wedding bands... but I gather it's not the jewels your after!

i hate english.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Louise~ wrote: »

Ha.
    Thanks everyone for your replies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

The Conquerers played at my wedding in 2000. They were brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DMPR

dilallio wrote: »
    Hi,
    2 of my good friends will be getting married in Galway later in the year. As they are both living in Australia, they have asked me to find a wedding band for the occasion.
    They are looking for a band who can do covers of 70s/80s/90s music as well as a few waltzes / jives.
    If anyone has any recommendations or suggestions in this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. J.
    You have to hear Milhouse, a Galway based band who did my sister wedding......sounds exactly like what you are looking for and I would definitely recommend them for a wedding.
    Lovely guys to deal with too!

Let me know if you want contact details!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

I second the conquerers a lil pricey but they cover everything tried to get them for my own wedding but they were booked for my date! Should have went with the Oyster boys too but was tied into booking someone else !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 inspired09

Hi, was at a wedding in Galway recently, they had Face Value great band and good mix of music, kept da dancefloor full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Thanks everyone for your replies. Much appreciated.
    After contacting 38 different bands who already had bookings, I eventually found a very good band from Mullingar called Vision, who did a fantastic job and kept us well entertained, and also did the disco afterwards.
    I was looking last June for a band to play last Sept. It was incredible how many bands had bookings 12 - 18 months in the future.
    The biggest issue I had was the very short timeframe I had to work with, and I had 7 bands in mind, but it took 2 - 7 days for bands to get back telling me they were busy, before I moved onto the next on my list.
    One chap in particular (Paul Harrison from a band called The Smooth Criminals) really went out of his way big time in helping me find a decent band (he was already booked for that day).
    At one stage I thought we would have to get the Guitar Hero kit out of the box. Thank goodness we didn't have to resort to that - the world isn't quite ready for that yet!.
    Anyways, thanks everyone for all your recomendations - all of the bands recommended here also got good recommendations from other musicians during my search.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

TMW perm ban for spamming
    Post deleted

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement