Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much would I get?

Options
  • 25-06-2008 11:58am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭

Im going to buy a new volkswagen polo next year. I currently have a 98 POLO, 80000 miles. When I go to trade in, what could I expect to get for it? It will have full NCT, very good condition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

I reckon 1k ..... maybe 1.5k

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try and sell it privately, what a dealer will allow you against a new car for it will still probably be less than a straight deal (no trade-in) discount.

Polos of that vintage are generally easy to sell as they are popular with first time buyers who prefer minimal running costs.

On a side note, there is an all new model Polo early next year too so I would wait for that one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭ruskin

yea guys, other people suggested that i could get about 1.5k for it. As you said there, it should be popular with first time buyers (it was my first car after all!)

Advertisement