Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 & AFT / Cabbage Mobile

Options
  • 25-06-2008 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

I am a meteor customer and i'm considering moving to O2. My boyfriend is o2 and I sent him aft and he was using it without any problems for a month or two. But then it stopped and i'm wondering if that is an issue with the service provider blocking it, or the like. The aft on my current meteor phone has no problems to anyone else but he can't receive messages I send him from aft on my phone either. That is why I wonder if they blocked it. Or can they do this?

My question is this: If I get an o2 mobile phone will I be able to use either aft or cabbage without too many problems on that network.

There are no problems with either on Meteor and I would be very reluctant to give them up!

Any info would be appreciated! Thanks.. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i just tried both on an o2 phone and they worked fine. the o2 website isn't great. it often goes down which of course stops both programs working. that might have been what happened

edit: are you saying that you can send meteor web texts to other phones but not his? that's very odd. tell him to call o2 about that. what happens if you send them from the website as normal rather than using either of the programs?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Hairdo

I can send the webtexts from the website no problem. It reaches him too. The only thing is that I can't send them from the aft programme that used the webtexts. its all very strange

yes that is very strange. is it just aft it happens with?

Just aft for me. Cabbage doesn't give me any problems in that area. He can't use aft at all any more though. The messages just won't send.

what type of phone does he have? does he get the error "there was a problem sending your message"

• Advertisement

Yes he does get that message, he has a Nokia 6300

that might be the problem. those phones can have problems with java programs accessing the internet. do this:

go into settings->configuration and tell me what's set as the preferred access point.

then see if you can go into those settings and view them and tell me if there's an option somewhere to enter a proxy address and port. the option to viw the settings won't be in the preferred access point place. there's another item on that screen (can't remember what it's called) that lists all of the web settings on the phone

also could you answer me this please:

go to
    settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->access point

and see if you can see an option to specify a proxy address and port. it might be in bearer settings on that screen

He is at work at the minute but I can see tonight and post a reply.

Thanks so much for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

community.o2online.ie/t5/Welcome-News/3rd-party-Webtext-apps-will-no-longer-work/td-p/565662

can't believe O2 have done this,
    it's one thing having perhaps the most expensive mobile packages, it's another thing purposely blocking such apps out of spite.

dreadful behaviour - relieved that 3 Ireland are taking them over!

• Advertisement
Advertisement