Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids on Fathers Passport...want to get their own

Options
  • 25-06-2008 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

So, I'm not sure where this topic fits but Travel looks about right, we have 3 kids who are on their fathers passport, they are Foreign birth registrations as we are Australian but have Irish citizenship and EU passports, and now they require their own passports. Has anyone else gone through this process? We originally provided all the ID documentation etc but now it would seem we need to go through all that again when the authorities would have the details from the original applications.......surely this is double handling and major clogging up at its best.......is there any other way. I have rung the offices of Foreign Affairs, Passports etc, they say get all the forms again.....small problem: to get the FBR forms again I would need to apply in person at the Embassy in Australia as this is where all our documentation was originally sighted. Can it get any more complicated! Dont get me wrong I understand that the legislation has changed and ID is a lot tighter that it used to be.....but if they are already on one passport isnt it a simple matter of transferring those details to a passport of thier own. The funniest bit of all this....we provided the documnets in aus, they sent them to Dublin and now Dublin tell me I have to go to aus to get them again........CRIKEY that is mad! Hope someone can help, I'm going nuts.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Redbilby wrote: »
    So, I'm not sure where this topic fits but Travel looks about right, we have 3 kids who are on their fathers passport, they are Foreign birth registrations as we are Australian but have Irish citizenship and EU passports, and now they require their own passports. Has anyone else gone through this process? We originally provided all the ID documentation etc but now it would seem we need to go through all that again when the authorities would have the details from the original applications.......surely this is double handling and major clogging up at its best.......is there any other way. I have rung the offices of Foreign Affairs, Passports etc, they say get all the forms again.....small problem: to get the FBR forms again I would need to apply in person at the Embassy in Australia as this is where all our documentation was originally sighted. Can it get any more complicated! Dont get me wrong I understand that the legislation has changed and ID is a lot tighter that it used to be.....but if they are already on one passport isnt it a simple matter of transferring those details to a passport of thier own. The funniest bit of all this....we provided the documnets in aus, they sent them to Dublin and now Dublin tell me I have to go to aus to get them again........CRIKEY that is mad! Hope someone can help, I'm going nuts.

Same practise in any EU Member state. i.e. if your american/australian or whatever you have to apply for it at home and then they apply on your behalf.

This is to ensure that your home country is aware of the changes.

No way around it im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

Can the Australia Embassy in Dublin not sort it for you - I know (or think) it's not a full embassy anymore but they may be able to simplify getting your documentation sorted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Redbilby wrote: »
    So, I'm not sure where this topic fits but Travel looks about right...

Welcome to Boards.ie and well done for having done a little research to try and find the right forum :)

Hope you get a 'good' answer !

Advertisement