Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets Cheese Sauce

Options
  • 25-06-2008 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi all, I love, love, love the cheese sauce on cheesy fries in Eddie Rockets, Does anybody have any recipes similar to this?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I think it's something similar to Cheez Whiz:
    http://www.kraftfoods.com/cheezwhiz/cw_index.html

Aldi or Lidl sold something like it last year in a BBQ/USA promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Lidl have the USA promo on at the moment, but they don't have the cheese sauce stuff listed on their site anyway.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 37 simplybetter

They did have it in the leaflet that came with the sunday papers last week. Give it a try and let us know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Squeezy American Cheese Sauce from Aldi : http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/58_6236.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 MrsSimba

Cool thanks guys I will try lidl today yummy:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Defo, going to try the aldi/lidl route, love those Eddie Rockets cheese fries too..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Does anyone know the specific sauce and chips used in eddies and how they cook them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Tomcat2

MrsSimba wrote: »
    Hi all, I love, love, love the cheese sauce on cheesy fries in Eddie Rockets, Does anybody have any recipes similar to this?
    Thanks.

Their sauce isn't that great it's easily replicated in my humble opinion.
    You just get the cheapest processed cheese slices you can find and melt it into a sauce under the grill on bread or fries.It tastes exactly like Eddie Rockets cheese sauce you don't need to buy it in a squeezable form.If you want to make a serious cheese sauce for your burger or hot dog that blows Eddie Rockets away get some good Stilton, Cheddar, Milk, Flour and Butter.Heat it up together and stir in a saucepan with chives and pepper.It's delicious on pasta, burgers and hot dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Deirdrek01

Does any one no the eddie rocket brownie recipe or even anything similar can not find anything like it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi Deirdre, welcome to Boards. This is a very old thread and not worth dragging up, but I've moved your new thread on the subject into our Cakes & Bakes forum where you're more likely to get replies.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement