Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hate to love?!

Options
  • 25-06-2008 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Ok, maybe not quite games that you hate to love but perhaps hate to play at times but do anyway...

For me it has to be the Championship Manager Series - so frustrating at times! Especially now with the added pitch view where you can see players running about in 3d (or overhead). At times I feel like screaming "pass", "get rid of it" or "shoot!". Plenty of swearing involved in any session of it and it has often left me tempted to fling the monitor out the window...and yet I go back to it!

So what are yours?

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Assassins Creed - feckin cut scenes and walking aroundin that Lab thing. enough to make me turn off the game. Ive tried to play it through three times now, each time I got PO'd and turned it off. At least you can skip most of the MGS cut scenes like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Super Stardust HD on the PS3 - been playing that a lot lately but everytime I die I nearly throw the controller at the screen, yet I keep coming back to it. Those snake like baddies and those homing balls do my head in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Trauma Centre on the DS.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Probably Daikatana because of that stupid thought-control peripheral you need to play it. The usb cable is just too short plus whenever I "think" it to go left, it alt-tabs to desktop. Frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Peggle. The number of hours sleep I've lost after deciding to try just one more challenge before bed and then realising it's an hour later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Maximilian wrote: »
    Probably Daikatana because of that stupid thought-control peripheral you need to play it. The usb cable is just too short plus whenever I "think" it to go left, it alt-tabs to desktop. Frustrating.
    Ah, the one person to buy it :)

@OP:

Football manager also. :(

GRiD atm cos my ****ing teammate trying to take me out when I'm leading the race. Clown :mad:

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

kaimera wrote: »
    Ah, the one person to buy it :)

Dunno, what you mean, its one of the best selling PC games of all time that is. Can't wait for Uwe Boll's movie adaptation next year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The first Need For Speed Underground drove me into an unholy rage I don't know how many times. Thankfully, I was in the country in an empty house and no one could hear the screams (and they were plentiful and *very* loud). I kept at it though, I really loved the game :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,594 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Assassins Creed - feckin cut scenes and walking aroundin that Lab thing. enough to make me turn off the game. Ive tried to play it through three times now, each time I got PO'd and turned it off. At least you can skip most of the MGS cut scenes like.
    That game must take the award for the most convulated method for exiting a game; I think you have to go through what? 4/5 separate "exit XYZ" (along with having to re-open a profile to get the final "quit to windows" button) options just to quit to windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

pixelburp wrote: »
    That game must take the award for the most convulated method for exiting a game; I think you have to go through what? 4/5 separate "exit XYZ" (along with having to re-open a profile to get the final "quit to windows" button) options just to quit to windows.

ctrl alt del\end task

works a treat ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

San Andreas, Halo 3 single player and the second half of Bioshock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭andgoodbye

Gears of War hardcore.
    I breezed through, only to get ****in superglued at the bit where you first meet the theron guards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

driver 3 or driv3r to be exact. god i hated it but somehow got sucked into finishing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

FM series for me too. They are the only ones I'l persever with, if i generally dislike a game or get too frustrated I'l quit it.

I usually quit straight away of I'm playing a FPS and die!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    driver 3 or driv3r to be exact. god i hated it but somehow got sucked into finishing it.

I dunno I seem to be the only one on the planet but I loved that game! It was pretty class. The driving was cool and the shooting was satisfying. Everyone else on here has said it was the worst thing to happen to computers ever but I finished it without any problems.

Advertisement