Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

value vrt should be based on

Options
  • 25-06-2008 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

I purchased a car in the north for €25,000 and I am now going to pay the vrt on it however the vrt is 25% of the Value of the car which the website states is €37,000.....??? What figure will the vrt be based on 25k or 37k???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

37k dont ya know!!!

Thats the VRT for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Was that really a serious question? thats a serious amount of money to shell out without prior research:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

OP you might need to ask that question again in a clearer way.

You purchased the car for €25. The website value of the car is €37. Is the new value of the car?

More (and clearer) info please.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    OP you might need to ask that question again in a clearer way.

You purchased the car for €25. The website value of the car is €37. Is the new value of the car?

More (and clearer) info please.

i think he means the vro site states 37K

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP, it doesn't matter what you paid for the car, VRT is based as a percentage of what Revenue value a similar car to be worth in Ireland, i.e. the Original Market Selling Price (OMSP).

So if your car is valued by Revenue at €37k in Ireland then the VRT price will be calculated as a percentage of that price depending on what VRT bracket it falls under.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

€37K x 0.25 = €9.25K

€25K + €9.25K = €34.25K.

Well done, you got a €37K car for €34.25K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭colorc

Cheers for clearing that up for me bazz, I was assuming that was the case alright but I just heard somewhere that one can dispute the OMSP the revenue have placed on the car??

Zube wrote: »
    €37K x 0.25 = €9.25K

€25K + €9.25K = €34.25K.

Well done, you got a €37K car for €34.25K.

Yeah I know made a nice saving didn't I.... the sterling/Euro exchange rate was in my favour at the time!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Not wishing to rain on you parade but assuming you have paid cash I would be surprised if you couldn't have got it for very near the same here, cash is King right now.

Not wishing to rain on you parade but assuming you have paid cash I would be surprised if you couldn't have got it for very near the same here, cash is King right now.

Thankfully not yet they are ranging from 39 to 46k here....so I bought at the right time I reckon!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Glad to hear it, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It would be a bit stupid of them baseign it on the price you paid for it. Everyone would just get a receipt saying they paid half of what they actually did.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

bazz26 wrote: »
    ..... i.e. the Original Market Selling Price (OMSP).
    OMSP stands for Open Market Selling Price.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

esel wrote: »
    OMSP stands for Open Market Selling Price.

I stand corrected. :)

Advertisement