Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture threads

Options
  • 25-06-2008 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

I'd like to propose a change to the picture threads in here, similar to the "know your nerds" thread in AH. Basically Everytime you post you have to post a pic with it and not just some pic you found on the net.

My reasoning behind this is basically there's a lot of good work in there and it needs to be shown off and at the moment there's to much signal to noise going on.

What do ye think? Good idea or leave as is?

Create and stick a new thread with just pics of ink and piercings, no chat 31 votes

yay
    0% 0 votes
    nay
    100% 31 votes
    atari jaguar
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I think you're bang on Emmet, individual threads could be made if people want opinions on their tattoos. Rather than commenting, pictures that people like could be "thanked" instead...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

So make it a picture only thread? and cut out the banter?

I think it's probably the best idea. The banter can be kept to the other threads.

Ok I will get to it, cleaning it up etc

Before you do that, I'd say not to!!!

Maybe un-sticky the existing one, and make a new sticky one with the new rules.

People don't like having their posts deleted en-masse...

• Advertisement

If enough people agree I will unstick the thread, create a new one and stick it

Maybe create a poll on this thread with your uber-mod powah?

Good work mod-man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭KhuntChops

I voted yay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I think its the nature of forums that people will want to respond to things that they see, would it be possible to create a sitcky where people could only post pictures and no text?

Maybe people can use the new fangled visitor remarks feature to make comments, ask questions etc?

good idea

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

Exsqueeze me, but whats atari jaguar?

Maybe = atari jaguar

Always there to enlighten me Wilburt! ;)
    Does not knowing that make me not a nerd?... Or does not knowing it make me a nerd?

Just means you are new to boards is all. :)

Well my mom thinks I'm cool. I think I'll vote yes in this treaty...

Snap! My mom says I'm cool too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

it's a good idea, but im not sure... leaving comments etc to the person's profile, im not mad on the notion. kills the concept of a forum, imo. but seems the majority are all in favour, so ah well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Actually Wilburt Atari Jaguar is not maybe, it's I don't care... tut tut, the wiki-foo is weak in that one...

http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Atari_Jaguar

;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Damo's idea is good- "thank" the pictures you like.

I agree that this kind of kills the concept of a forum, but it gets annoying when there's so many pictures to see but they're among complete waffle. And I'll admit, I'm very bad at doing it myself :o

I'm sorry, I won't do it again...! :o

• Advertisement

Aspiration wrote: »
    Damo's idea is good- "thank" the pictures you like.

I agree that this kind of kills the concept of a forum, but it gets annoying when there's so many pictures to see but they're among complete waffle. And I'll admit, I'm very bad at doing it myself :o

I'm sorry, I won't do it again...! :o

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

but at the same time, it's nice to know the background to the picture... the ideas, the artist, etc etc. perhaps chat could be allowed as long as it is specifically directed at hte picture, instead of kinda wandering off topic a little...

One step ahead dear crumble froo-froo! check the new thread

Well done Willy....altho Im banned from AH for posting a genitials picture :(

I find it highly unfair!

Jaysis :pac:
    Well keep the nudie pics to PM's or whatever. I don't wanna ban anyone else to be honest

It wasnt of my own lol dont be worrying I dont wish to be banned from here only place I feel normal (partly because your all strange :D)

KhuntChops wrote: »
    Well done Willy....altho Im banned from AH for posting a genitials picture :(

I find it highly unfair!

Intentionally or just that you slipped up? I did that once as it was part of an e-mail I got in work, completely slipped my mind that AH can be visited by kiddies, did make repeated apologies about it but thankfully Terry just laughed it off and understood it was an oversight on my part.:o
    At least even if you are banned it will time out eventually and you'll be allowed post there again AFAIK, so as long as you're more careful you should be ok.

Come to think of it the only recent AH thread I could see someone posting a genitals pic in is the "describe your cock" one... wonder why KhuntChops would be posting a pic in that one... *hears music from the Crying Game*:D

Haha actually I was being very naughty (also the reason he said he banned me lol) someone mistakes me for a man because of mo aimn and i merely said I did not have a banana and 2 grapefruit in my basket...I was asked for pictures as prove and I kind of posted a picture of what was called a khuntburger...which lead to my ban :(

Shame on me

o_O its thunder and lighting.... Hold me

• Advertisement

KhuntChops wrote: »
    o_O its thunder and lighting.... Hold me

Lucky sod... just dull out here...
    *wants thunder and lightning and hail and floods and and and ....:(*

Advertisement