Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does everyone do ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Im a support engineer in a company that you've more than likely bought something off.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭EH

I'm a Rural Recreation Officer so I get to design walking, hiking and cycling trails for a living. As my mate says if you can get a job with "Recreation" in the title your sorted!
    EH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I'm a graphic equalizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭bwardrop

EH wrote: »
    I'm a Rural Recreation Officer so I get to design walking, hiking and cycling trails for a living. As my mate says if you can get a job with "Recreation" in the title your sorted!
    EH

Agreed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I'm a nerd too - but a girl. So does that make me a nirl?

Am in s/w testing .... but studying Sustainable energy systems in the evenings. Well supposed to be, but I'm on boards instead .... damnit FOCUS!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bumbley

Perhaps there are so many geeks on here because geeks are more inclined to use internet forums?

What I'd like to know is what all your cycling friends do for a living... ones who don't post on here. Then maybe we'll get more accurate numbers.

I'm a student geek btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm a Business Operations Manager for a large multi-national and like it, though I have a computer science background so ya can probably chalk it up as another one 'of them'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

I'm a programmer too, in a multinational.
    Wouldn't call myself a nerd though as I know feckall about computers themselves, just good with logic and syntax and a bit of a sql ninja.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Freddy687

Electronic Engineer for a multi national sub contractor.
    Might as well chalk up another for the nerds.
    Spend my days fixing the machines that test the circuits boards used in computers and other electronic devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭thesunwashot

Another coder... Actually I used to work for the company that TinyExplosions' current place are stealing from. Luckily I escaped to a much more sane place in town.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Am I the only Guard who cycles?

PS Don't turn this into a Garda bashing thread!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Chris Peak

I’m a former sound engineer. Now a massage therapist. (Love it):)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I'm a taxi driver.:(

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I'm a horrid nerd too, working as a Software Dev with a company that does travel software (sadly I can't get cheap flights!)

Me too! 1A?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

those who can do don't do what I do:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Me too! 1A?

1A? Afraid I don't get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

hex?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

I do legal research at the moment, I hope to become a solicitor pretty soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 prentice

EH wrote: »
    EH

I too am a cycling IT Nerd. Java team/lead engineer in java.
    but you sir win. that is the coolest job to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

bumbley wrote: »
    Perhaps there are so many geeks on here because geeks are more inclined to use internet forums?

What I'd like to know is what all your cycling friends do for a living... ones who don't post on here. Then maybe we'll get more accurate numbers.

I'm a student geek btw.

There was a group of us that used to go out together - it's less a group now and more a pair of us due to family commitments and stuff lately but here goes

1 - Retired
    2 - Construction (Groundworks etc)
    3 - Council Worker
    4 - Carpenter
    5 - Looks after SAP for a large Multinational
    6 - Hairdresser
    7 - Housewife

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭cantalach

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    I do legal research at the moment, I hope to become a solicitor pretty soon.

You obviously haven't got to the part where they teach you how to write without using any punctuation other than the full stop (I'm referring to the comma in your post) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

I am responsible for most of the evils of the world. (I work in advertising.)

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Im Defo a Nerd im a Pre Sales Engineer. .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I work in an Insurance Brokers, doing the accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Has the age of posters here been brought up in the past? I plan on joining the Boards spins once the rowing season finishes but have a feeling I may be but a whippersnapper in comparison to most people here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bumbley

Junior wrote: »
    There was a group of us that used to go out together - it's less a group now and more a pair of us due to family commitments and stuff lately but here goes

1 - Retired
    2 - Construction (Groundworks etc)
    3 - Council Worker
    4 - Carpenter
    5 - Looks after SAP for a large Multinational
    6 - Hairdresser
    7 - Housewife

Ahaa! You see!?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Has the age of posters here been brought up in the past? I plan on joining the Boards spins once the rowing season finishes but have a feeling I may be but a whippersnapper in comparison to most people here!
    I think there's a fair mix, from young whippersnappers up to the gracefully aging or indeed aged (and everything in between.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

bumbley wrote: »
    Ahaa! You see!?

Well No. 5 in our group is an IT Nerd so with me that means 1/4 of our group are Nerds...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I'm a Payroll Manager, Husband, Dad to my 8mth old, and an all round bike polisher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭aburke

Another Nerd.
    Website developer for a design house.

Advertisement