Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Windscreen problem with new Ford Mondeo?

Options
  • 25-06-2008 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

The windscreen on my 08 Mondeo gives a slightly distorted view if you are looking left from the drivers side. This is particularly noticeable when looking at signposts. Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

The windscreen on my 08 Mondeo gives a slightly distorted view if you are looking left from the drivers side. This is particularly noticeable when looking at signposts. Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Did you order a prescription one by any chance ?? :) sorry couldnt resist.

do a search on fordmondeo.org they have a section for the new mondy, maybe someone else has notice it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The windscreen on the Mondeo is heated so you might be looking at the heater elements which may give a distorted effect from certain angels. It could also be a poor quality windscreen that was fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

bazz26 wrote: »
    The windscreen on the Mondeo is heated so you might be looking at the heater elements which may give a distorted effect from certain angels. It could also be a poor quality windscreen that was fitted.
    I was just going to say that .. if you look closely, can you see the fine little wires embedded in the glass? If you look through such a windscreen at very acute angles, you can notice a very slight distortion due to the wires.

Also, you wouldn't believe how many Ford owners go through owning their cars for several years without even knowing they had a heated front windscreen at all :)

Advertisement