Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming

Options
  • 25-06-2008 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi Guys, quick question. I have 10 piercings which are all fully healed at this stage except perhaps my neck. I only got that done at the beginning of february and while it feels healed and I've had no problems with it, I'm wondering is it too soon still to go swimming with it? I was hoping to start lessons but I don't wanna get into a swimming pool if I'm gonna end up with a septic neck! My other piercings are well healed (2 years +) but the neck is such a delicate area I don't wanna take any chances!! Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Swimming in the sea, pool or a river?
    I presume a pool?
    You should be fine as long as there isn't too much chlorine in it, but then again everyone would know if that happened.
    If you don't want the water touching it you could get a mepore bandage which is water resistant I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭doctor_gonzo

Oh sorry! I meant swimming in a pool!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd imagine the biggest problem with a swimming pool besides the chlorine would be that it's somewhere that there could be all sorts of nasties and possible infections...

Advertisement