Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird busker in Grafton St

Options
  • 25-06-2008 2:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

Does anybody know what the deal is with that little foreign guy at the trinity end of grafton st?He's dressed in,i presume traditional costume and he seems to be rubbing two bamboo saws together whilst wailing in a very disquieting manner.Anybody know where he's from or what he's on about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

That's Enda Kenny - leader of Fine Gael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 brendan4

Rofl ... seriously... I am rofl'ing....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Traditional Japanese I think. He was making an awful racket when I passed about 2 hours ago.

(He was just under the Switzers sign in Wicklow Street then.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

i saw him for the first time ever the other day, but id heard about him loads before... mad little guy, he looks insane haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

He moves around a good bit, he was on Wicklow Street a few times, in the part of the street that absolutely reeks too..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Seen him before, he's mad creepy looking, your kind of expecting him to put a curse on you or something. Wouldn't mind knowing what he's at, it's a seriously weird act

i dont mind him quite as much as the ****ers who pretend to be statues.... grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

i dont mind him quite as much as the ****ers who pretend to be statues.... grrrr

Ah a few of those guys are pretty good like the James Joyce bloke for example and this fella.

The worst one is the guy who just stands completely still painted in gold with lots of beer can bases and beer bottle tops all over his clothes. Sometimes an old guy also painted in gold will sit beside him on a chair but they are totally useless, they do nothing and their costumes look like a something a class load of 5 years would make. Even the weird Japanese guy puts these two to shame :pac:

Raekwon wrote: »
    Ah a few of those guys are pretty good like the James Joyce bloke for example and this fella.

The worst one is the guy who just stands completely still painted in gold with lots of beer can bases and beer bottle tops all over his clothes. Sometimes an old guy also painted in gold will sit beside him on a chair but they are totally useless, they do nothing and their costumes look like a something a class load of 5 years would make. Even the weird Japanese guy puts these two to shame :pac:

a couple of times ive been standing in grafton street, on the phone or whatever, and the james joyce dude has come up behind me and waitied til i turned around and scared the shit outa me :o so that's partly why i dont like him haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

That dude making weird noises with the bamboo sticks freaks me right out! I walk past just about everyday cos I work up around there, and its just a little weird! those statue people just irritate me though... Seriously, they expect people to give them money for standing still. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

He escaped from my closet. I was going to use him a distraction tactic while robbing a bank. Back to the drawing board.

-Funk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Where's he from does anybody know?

Advertisement