Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray Summerfest '08

Options
  • 25-06-2008 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭

So what's everyone's thoughts on the festival line up this year?

http://www.visitwicklow.ie/news/bray_summerfest.htm

The website was working the other day but doesn't seem to be now..

Mundy is opening it, Gemma Hayes in Kilruddery, Rattle and Hum (of course)... but then the Dublin Gospel Choir are doing U2 covers... odd!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

looks alright, but for christ sake the headline for the whole weekend is rattle and rum for the 10th year running they need someone new.

fireworks are always a let down that's why i watch them from the top of my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Cremo wrote: »
    looks alright, but for christ sake the headline for the whole weekend is rattle and rum for the 10th year running they need someone new.

fireworks are always a let down that's why i watch them from the top of my house.

Yeah but, the 5000 spanish students sitting in front of the bandstand always love them every year!

Also just confirmed is the annual 'Battle of the knackers'. Headlining the event is year like every year is the extended Moorehouse Clan. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Yeah the fireworks were much better a few years ago. Plus that sound track has to change, that bloody james bond music!!!

I just don't get the point in rattle & hum playing U2 covers...and the dublin gospel choir doing u2 covers??

Read something in the bray people about "Irelands biggest beach party", i'm presuming they meant like just along the sea front, not like a Full Moon- esque type party??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

Calibos wrote: »
    Also just confirmed is the annual 'Battle of the knackers'. Headlining the event is year like every year is the extended Moorehouse Clan. :D

+1 :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

my friend ash, is one of the faces of the festival

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,909 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

irishbird wrote: »
    my friend ash, is one of the faces of the festival

Woah, weird!

I know a girl from Bray called Ash. Thought to myself 'No, it can't be the same one'.

Checked out the Bray summerfest website and it is. How strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

So 3 girls i used to be in school with in the FOB... should i be in it!?!
    I know of 7 of them in it.. :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

o1s1n wrote: »
    Woah, weird!

I know a girl from Bray called Ash. Thought to myself 'No, it can't be the same one'.

Checked out the Bray summerfest website and it is. How strange.

its a small small world we live in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

will be down to see Mundy!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,440 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

May head up to see Gemma Hayes... very good singer songwriter, even if her latest album is weak.
    Other than that, usual Bray Summerfest stuff.

Damn Rattle and Hum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

irishbird wrote: »
    its a small small world we live in :)

No its just Bray:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

I just don't get the point in rattle & hum playing U2 covers...and the dublin gospel choir doing u2 covers??

Probably because U2 sing alot of Christian songs..?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but does anyone know where to get the tickets for Gemma Hayes or are they all sold out? I read that you can only buy them on braysummerfest.com but there doesn't seem to be a option.
    thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭waves

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but does anyone know where to get the tickets for Gemma Hayes or are they all sold out? I read that you can only buy them on braysummerfest.com but there doesn't seem to be a option.
    thanks.

Call 01 2022055. THere are some left still but get onto it quickly

thanks a mill, I got the tickets:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

but then the Dublin Gospel Choir are doing U2 covers... odd!

Well, weren't they great and not a U2 song in sight!!

I thought festival very good this year-of course the weather helped alot. Firworks good, food good-though a tad bit expensive, and all in all a nice athmosphere in the air.
    The only dampner for me was when my 11 year old went on the 'Power Shot' ride-ooh that was difficult to watch :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Splendour wrote: »
    The only dampner for me was when my 11 year old went on the 'Power Shot' ride-ooh that was difficult to watch :eek:

Is that the two person sling-shot style ride? If so, how long will it be there for...so worth even going to Bray for for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

the rides are there til the 10th of august i think?

Whats the story with big wheel? Is it on the sand this year? Is it safe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 and76

Big wheel is on the grass harbour end of the beach and havent heard complaints yet.
    Airshow was great yesterday, go Bray!, great summer so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

damn airshow sucked balls (well the co-ordination of it)

went down at three the time it was meant to start at. by 1/4 to 4 i had seen a total of 5 planes. so i went back home only to be greated by this huge mother ****er of a bomber flying over my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Cremo wrote: »
    damn airshow sucked balls (well the co-ordination of it)

went down at three the time it was meant to start at. by 1/4 to 4 i had seen a total of 5 planes. so i went back home only to be greated by this huge mother ****er of a bomber flying over my head.
    The end (last 20 mins or so) was great ... they had a 4 plane display team over from the UK called the Blades. All the pilots were ex-RAF, and two were ex Red Arrows, one of whom was actually the leader of the red Arrows for a while, so they certainly knew what they were doing! Fantastic show.

The big plane you saw was a Boeing C-17 from the Mississipi National Guard. Not a bomber, a flying field hospital apparently, but certainly huge. It flew low level just over the beach which was pretty spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

kateos2 wrote: »
    the rides are there til the 10th of august i think?

So is this definate? I'm planning a nice day of funfair and Wall.e within hours of each other. I'm like a big kid here:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

yep just checked it on the website there till the 10th!

Advertisement