Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jacky Chan (NES)

Options
  • 25-06-2008 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy,

Strange request. Im looking to find the soundtrack for Jacky Chan on the NES. Its actually just one song I'm after the song that starts at 4:37 in this video. I considering ripping the audio from the video but it would still have the sound of him jumping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOsuOjyswKY

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

get the rom for an emulator, get to the level, and then dont jump?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    get the rom for an emulator, get to the level, and then dont jump?

Yeah, I was thinking that although Im pretty sure its one of those levels that moves even if you dont, so you have to jump.

Do you know of a good program for ripping audio from videos ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

hmm, does the music stop playing when you pause?

or is there a option screen with sound test/turn off sfx

EDIT: had a look at the video. There's a point in the level where the screen stops moving and you have to go up.

see if the music loops and you could record from there
    Do you know of a good program for ripping audio from videos ?

I would normally download the video file and import it into a video editing program, delete the video and export the audio on its own :(

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    hmm, does the music stop playing when you pause?

or is there a option screen with sound test/turn off sfx

Good ideas but I'm not sure. Dont remember NES games having sfx off options.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This is worth a look:

http://forums.ngemu.com/misc-console-discussion/48638-how-extract-music-nes-roms.html

There's a link there to .nsf files that can be played with a winamp plugin. I'm also sure www.zophar.net has a similar collection of .nsf files.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    This is worth a look:

http://forums.ngemu.com/misc-console-discussion/48638-how-extract-music-nes-roms.html

There's a link there to .nsf files that can be played with a winamp plugin. I'm also sure www.zophar.net has a similar collection of .nsf files.

Ah, excellent! Youre a gem Retro. I have the nsf file, Ive got the plugin and I have it playing in winamp. Now all I need to do is find out how to save it as an mp3.

w00t. Got it. Thanks again Retro.

Advertisement