Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Camcorders Worth It?

• 25-06-2008 2:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭

Hello Folks,

I've been thinking about getting a camcorder on and off for a while now. I'm off to Prague and Poland next month for two weeks and was thinking it might be nice to bring a HD camcorder with me. I can get a Panasonic HDC-SD9 in work on my account. It's full HD, small and uses SD cards.

The only thing is other than this holiday I don't know when I'd have much call to use it again. I like the idea of a camcorder and paying it off weekly doesn't impact on the finances much but I just don't think I'd get value for money from it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's hard to say.

You may take to it. There are lots of simple enough to use video editing packages out there and it can be fun to pull you footage together and then putting it all onto a DVD.

Camcorders aren't overly expensive these days... Perhaps go with a cheaper one if you're not sure you'll get the use out of it.

Oh and Prague is fantastic looking city... lots to film there... just don't be one of those people who only experiences places through a camera lens... be sure to put it aside and take things in as they are every now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thanks for that MonkeyFudge. I wouldn't let myself get stuck behind the lens too much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 waterdrop

Thanks for that MonkeyFudge. I wouldn't let myself get stuck behind the lens too much!

#You maybe finished your holiday at this time but...

Once you get behind the lens and you do something good - you will not leave that camera down....

For the places you visit, a good image is a must, you would not want to have crappy video from your holiday.

Then, consider that the quality is increasing. HD will be a bare minimum in few years and the cheap cameras from now will be like the disposable cameras today.

Advertisement