Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop Needed??

• 25-06-2008 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Wondering do you need a laptop down there for anything? or can you get away with what ever computer's they have down in Templemor ?

dont want to be buying one if they arent really needed or being stuck without one if they come in handy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

I heard (I think celtic07 said it) that the computers down there are rubbish and very hard to get onto. I'll probably pick up a decent second hand one on adverts.ie for 200-300 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

long as it runs football manager im happy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Hold off till you get down there man, apparantly they have laptops for sale in the college, which are meant to be a really good price also you can pay for them every week instead of all at once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Dr_MaSoN wrote: »
    long as it runs football manager im happy :D

+ 1 :pac:

srdb20 wrote: »
    Hold off till you get down there man, apparantly they have laptops for sale in the college, which are meant to be a really good price also you can pay for them every week instead of all at once.

yeah typial ****ty deals, pay 6 euro a week and you end up paying 1200 for a piece of crap that has 100 things you dont need and wont use thats worth about 400e.

Thanks but no thanks, built my own 2 pc's. Can grab something basic with office and no luxury's will be fine.

• Advertisement

Jaysus lads we'll hae great craic in the evenings, you two stuck on the laptops all night!!!:pac::pac::pac::pac:

srdb20 wrote: »
    Jaysus lads we'll hae great craic in the evenings, you two stuck on the laptops all night!!!:pac::pac::pac::pac:

well FM is for when im studying DUH! :D

well FM is for when im studying DUH! :D

Ah i forgot about that.. good point!

*wanders off to buy a laptop*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭source

yeah typial ****ty deals, pay 6 euro a week and you end up paying 1200 for a piece of crap that has 100 things you dont need and wont use thats worth about 400e.

Thanks but no thanks, built my own 2 pc's. Can grab something basic with office and no luxury's will be fine.

Nah man, a guy in my class paid €799 for a decent HP laptop today, off st. Raephaels, very good spec even has fingerprint recognition for locking it and gaining access and the Garda credit unions give ridiculously good rates for loans....so no bother getting it on installment with practically no extra cost only problem is it runs vista lol.

I think this is the one he got.

Fingerprint recognition is just something shiney that makes people go ewwww!!

and 800e is far from what id like to spend on something that realistically wont be used much at all and is needed for a relatively short space of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭source

fair enough, but just to let you know that i wouldn't have gotten by up here without my laptop and mobile broadband, then again i may be a little addicted to the internet. (College computers are heavily moderated on what you can view) alsp you will have a few essays to do, i used mine a fair bit for college stuff in phase 1. including bibles if you can get your hands on a good one they're invaluable

Advertisement