Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2008 XI + Subs + Manager

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Modric probably should be in but no one else .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,850 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

SantryRed wrote: »
    Modric probably should be in but no one else .

I thought their defenders were very good. Simunic especially.

I don't think Arshavin would be much use at centre-back, to be honest.

What? You were stating Arshavin was making the team at the time on just 2 appearances. I was saying the same could be said for Puyol except for 20mins more. Nobody mentioned Arshavin playing at CB or comparing players as such

ping pong dingalong

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Trilla wrote: »
    What? You were stating Arshavin was making the team at the time on just 2 appearances. I was saying the same could be said for Puyol except for 20mins more. Nobody mentioned Arshavin playing at CB or comparing players as such

ping pong dingalong
    Actually I mentioned Arshavin because you dismissed Chiellini and IMO he had as many excellent performances as Arshavin did, who many including yourself had included.

You then dismissed Puyol and compared his performances to Arshavin's (why, I'm not sure), which I pointed out is completely irrelevant as they play different positions and weren't competing for the same places in the Euro 2008 XI.

Ah come on I wasn't comparing them in terms of positions, I was comparing there performances.

Example

Cech/Ramos had a bad tournament
    Villa/Xavi had a good tournament

therefore Villa had a better tournament then Cech or Ramos. Am I not allowed say that? Can you not compare performances regardless of position.

If somebody said to you who was the better player- Fowler or Traore? Cantona or Prunier? What would you say?

Plus I was only pointing out that the fact that you were arguing Arshavin had only played 2 games etc... I was stating that Puyol at the time had played just 20 mins more then him. And over that period, Arshavin was having a better tournament then Puyol.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

No no, I get that, but the performances of Puyol are only relevant to the other central defenders in the tournament, and he was comparitively good on those terms.

No no, I get that, but the performances of Puyol are only relevant to the other central defenders in the tournament, and he was comparitively good on those terms.

That I can almost agree on... thats why imo the tournament was very entertaining because some of the defending was poor. Bug names like Carvalho, Metzelder etc all got caught out a good few times.

In fairness to Puyol, he picked up his game in semis and the final although was rarely tested. I still think he is overratted and a bit of headless chicken. Had to laugh at ITVs team of he tourney...Ramos at fullback. Not a turkish player in site. Would love to have seen it if England were in it.

Advertisement