Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ATM in Thailand/Laos/Vietnam

• 25-06-2008 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

done a search and couldn't find it anywhere, apologies if there is one and i am just a terrible searcher.

Just wondering if the ATM machines in these countries accept cards that have the cirrus logo on the bank. My card is just a standard card that has the cirrus logo and i'm wondering will i have to upgrade my card. Any help from people with past experiences greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Millions of ATMs in Thailand, nearly all with Cirrus - won't be a problem. In Laos, there are Cirrus ATMs in Vang Vieng, Luang Prabang and Vientiene for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

If you're planning on spending quite a bit of time in that area I'd recommend using a Credit Card instead.

You get charged every time you use a debit card whereas if you keep your credit card account topped up with a bit of cash using online banking then you can withdraw money with no extra fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

Thought this was a thread asking "where is the ATM machine in the Thailand/Laos/Vietnam area?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

cheers for the response's, will keep the credit card thing in mind, probably end up using that idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,142 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Important for laos grab a decent amount of cash out of the ATM on the first day because the ATM's there are very few and far between. You will be thankful with the cash :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

mchurl wrote: »
    cheers for the response's, will keep the credit card thing in mind, probably end up using that idea.

It's the best option really. Just make sure you're account is on the positive side and then use your CC like a debit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

listermint wrote: »
    Important for laos grab a decent amount of cash out of the ATM on the first day because the ATM's there are very few and far between. You will be thankful with the cash :cool:

now there are plenty of atms in laos, there was even one in the small town beside the 4000 islands when i was there. the only place i went to without one was phonsaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 30d1a

i'd upgrade the card to take Maestro aswell (if its a Laser card it'll already be a maestro one)

theres 3 main banks in Thailand will ATM' all over , but theres one , think it was Bangkok Bank , a lot of their ATM's dont take Cirrus only Maestro ...

plus the maestro will come in handy payin for stuff also if your stuck

Advertisement