Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My beautiful dog... gone

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Hi Beerwolf,
    Hope you check back in soon.
    A lot of thoughts are with you.
    Do hope you are ok.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Thank you all very much for the responses.

I've talked to a few people, and not just on Sally but also on a few other issues that have been making me depressed lately. Would honestly say I wasn't very comfortable being open, but I somehow managed (knowing how I'm like). Still, got some great advise from them, as well as here, and now I'm coping.

I can't say I'd be getting another dog anytime soon, as personally it would feel like I would be betraying Sally in some form or another if I did. However, given time, I will feel ready for it.

Again, I'm truly grateful for all your kind responces, shared experiences and advise.

Thank you :)

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Thank you all very much for the responses.

I've talked to a few people, and not just on Sally but also on a few other issues that have been making me depressed lately. Would honestly say I wasn't very comfortable being open, but I somehow managed (knowing how I'm like). Still, got some great advise from them, as well as here, and now I'm coping.

I can't say I'd be getting another dog anytime soon, as personally it would feel like I would be betraying Sally in some form or another if I did. However, given time, I will feel ready for it.

Again, I'm truly grateful for all your kind responces, shared experiences and advise.

Thank you :)
    So good to hear from you Beerwolf.
    You and only you can decide when to give a home
    to another dog and l and lots of others on here
    am delighted you found someone to talk things
    out with.
    From what you said about her she was not in a
    good place when you came to her rescue.
    But you changed all that and although she
    passed she only knew HAPPINESS from you.
    She just went to sleep.
    Much Loved and Happy.
    Like l said only you will know when the time is right
    but you have a lot to give and there are many who need it.
    Again it was great to hear from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

Hay!;) beerwolf glad to hear you feel better nothing like getting it all of your chest and talking it out.Take your time getting another pet chances are they'll find you when the time is right. Keep well.

BeerWolf , hope the mood is Happy.:)
    Just in case you check back in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

Hope your feeling better beerwolf hows the form?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MissyN

Beerwolf I sympathise with you so much but I have an idea. Obviously getting another doggie at this stage would be very difficult for you but would consider helping out at a dog kennels ?? I think this would help you deal with the loss even a little and you'd be doing so much good by helping out other dogs and giving them your time and you might even get that special smile that Sally gave you when you got home. You'd be in lovely doggie company too which in itself is therapeutic.

Something to think about...hope you're doing ok Sweetheart.

Advertisement