Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long does a one week ban usually last?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

In light of legal proceedings issued by MCD, we have been advised that there is to be no further discussion of MCD or events hosted by MCD.

From the sticky at the top of this forum, it's not 100% clear whether venues owned by these people are included!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

In light of legal proceedings issued by MCD, we have been advised that there is to be no further discussion of MCD or events hosted by MCD.

From the sticky at the top of this forum, it's not 100% clear whether venues owned by these people are included!

Actually it's 100% clear that venues owned by them are NOT included, as per the text. Methinks a rewording is required to save future Feedback threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

no further discussion of MCD

Clear as day to me.

Mena wrote: »
    Actually it's 100% clear that venues owned by them are NOT included, as per the text. Methinks a rewording is required to save future Feedback threads.

I disagree, therefore it can't be 100% ;) You are right about rewording though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Rb wrote: »
    That's outrageous. You should file a complaint with someone or something.

Funny as this is it would have been hilarious bar the fact that the OP has actually gained some sympathy! :D

(A slight backfire?)

• Advertisement

Funny as this is it would have been hilarious bar the fact that the OP has actually gained some sympathy! :D

(A slight backfire?)

True, but this thread still needs catpics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

True, but this thread still needs catpics!
    Not really; the outstanding issue is the one week ban still in place after 4/5 months{?}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

(A slight backfire?)
    :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I didnt know those who should bot be named had venues. What venues are they so i wont mention them?

this is all v ery confusing and my head hurts now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

irishbird wrote: »
    I didnt know those who should bot be named had venues. What venues are they so i wont mention them?

There's a list on their site

www.***.ie/venues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I think we can all acknowledge now that even mentioning their venues can get a post deleted, but I can't understand, with the information we have, why the user was banned but moreso, why its been so long?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

Sherifu wrote: »

www.***.ie/venues

Croke park, Lansdowne road etc etc are named on this are we not allowed mention these either?:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Sherifu wrote: »

Those aren't venues they own though, just a list of venues in Ireland.
    Otacon wrote: »
    ...but I can't understand, with the information we have, why the user was banned

Because he did reference the venue.
    Otacon wrote: »
    but moreso, why its been so long?

I think because he's argued with the mod over the ban but the mod hasn't spoken here yet so we'll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

but the post in which i was banned was for mentioning the entire tour! which most certainly was NOT an *** sponsored tour!

Tbh I don't really see where you mentioned "those who shall not be named" or their venues on that thread but is there really any point arguing the issue now since you've served the ban (actually you seem to have served 20 one week bans) over it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

lorweld wrote: »
    Croke park, Lansdowne road etc etc are named on this are we not allowed mention these either?:confused::confused:
    If it's one of their promotions then yes.
    Earthhorse wrote: »
    Those aren't venues they own though, just a list of venues in Ireland.
    True. May help to doublecheck the gig if it's in one of those venues anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I can only assume it was Zapp Branigan who banned the OP. Zapp has been AFK for some time now for personal reasons.

I remember vaguely being involved in this incident at the time, AFAIR the event wasn't M C D sponsored but was held at a venue which is partially owned by one of the M C D principals. I admit to being confused at the time by the connection.

Regardless, a week's ban is a only week's ban so I have lifted it. I don't believe there was any malicious intent in allowing the ban to go on so long, just that the mod concerned was unavailable to lift the ban.

For future reference if your dispute/ban is not taken care of within a "reasonable" time please contact one of the other mods on the forum who will help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

thanks hagar.....all is good now!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

that what i thaught!

but the post in which i was banned was for mentioning the entire tour! which most certainly was NOT an *** sponsored tour!

If it was me and the band wasn't with you know who but one event was. Then I would list every part of the tour except that part.

Update:

I forgot to mention that Zapp is back on the air but has requested to be de-modded due to other commitments. A new mod has been proposed to the Admins and a decision is eagerly awaited. Watch this space...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Please say its snyper!

• Advertisement

Nope. It's Orestes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

He deserves mod status for the post in the phone message thread alone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

If you've not been unbanned yet Grames, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

DesF wrote: »
    It's not up to Boards.ie to educate it's users on which venues are owned, or not, but them.

It's is up to the users to find out before they post.
    ... which is why I just don't post at all on any topics which MIGHT have connections, because it's too much trouble to start researching / double-checking every damn event / venue.
    That said, having the name of the venue disappear behind a shield of ******* is probably a pretty good giveaway when you submit the thread that something has gone wrong.

Oh, if its that fupping obvious I wouldn't have any sympathy at all (and I do understand why the policy is there, and actually agree with it.)

But there's the odd instance where people can be a wee bit too zealous, methinks. Even Hagar said above he himself was somewhat confused by the connection in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Lets just blame Hagar for everything.
    And bring on Orestes.... :D

or better again, remove Hagar and add Orestes. Now that's a plan batman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

irishbird wrote: »

tell you what, how about you don't worry your pretty little head about it and make us all a cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

tbh wrote: »
    tell you what, how about you don't worry your pretty little head about it and make us all a cup of tea.
    and a few biscuits while your at it there love. Chocolate Digestives will do grand.
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

If you've not been unbanned yet Grames, let me know.

thanks but all is good karl,the ban has been lifted!

and congrats to orestes-well deserved mod status!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

This is probably the most civilised feedback thread I've ever read...where's all the abuse and catpics I enjoy on a casual lurk??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

This is probably the most civilised feedback thread I've ever read...where's all the abuse and catpics I enjoy on a casual lurk??

It's because the OP didn't attack anyone, asked his question civilly, and didn't call anyone a Nazi.

Advertisement