Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Turtle Wax Question.

Options
  • 25-06-2008 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

I was buying some car wax a few days ago and bought Turtle Wax. Primarily because its what I've always used and had no issues with it. However, I have often seen Boards users and users on other sites recommending not using Turtle Wax but Meguiars products instead. In fact I've seen posts recommending against using Turtle Wax products at all.

What is the reason? Is it detrimental to the paint in some way or just not as high quality as some of the other products available?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Turtle Wax is fine, it is a world leader and it certainly won't harm your paint. Like anything there are better (and worse) products, some rave about Meguiars or AutoGlym or Poorboys or Zymol, but they all effectively do the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I was buying some car wax a few days ago and bought Turtle Wax. Primarily because its what I've always used and had no issues with it. However, I have often seen Boards users and users on other sites recommending not using Turtle Wax but Meguiars products instead. In fact I've seen posts recommending against using Turtle Wax products at all.

What is the reason? Is it detrimental to the paint in some way or just not as high quality as some of the other products available?

I wouldn't say detrimental, just not as good as Meguirs or some others. There are always worse things you could use like using liquid soaps, washing up liquid, a foam sponge or brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Some prefer Meguiars because they think its higher quality (it certainly has a high price). If turtle wax works for you, go for it. I used Meguiars not so long ago, wasn't impressed by it over turtle wax, not worth the extra money for me.

It won't damage your paint unless you muck up the waxing itself.

Advertisement