Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I book with T.A.T??

• 25-06-2008 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

In Bangkok at the moment, went to a T.A.T office today and they made out an itinerary for our whole 9 week trip with all flights and accom. Included. We're all a little weary about it so should we book? Anyone else here do this? Also they said there was a 20% discount today for some Buddhist holiday so it seems like a good price...Dont know what to do help me!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sombaht

Today is not a Buddhist holiday. In fact there are no Buddhist holidays in Thailand for the month of June.
    I never made use of TAT before so can't vouch for them but anytime I was in Thailand I always booked transport, accommodation etc myself.
    Most of the Thai hotels are available to book online now, same with internal flights, Thai Air, Bangkok Air and Nok Air all have online booking.

Cheers,
    sombaht

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Half the fun is doing all that stuff yourself.

If you're looking for a hassle free 9 week trip then fire ahead but if you're looking to save a few Baht then I wouldn't bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

We ere warned against T.A.T offices when we were there. Never used one of them.

If it's too good to be true then it usually is!!!!!!

What stuff are you planning exactly? May get it cheaper yourself.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

met two girls who booked with them, they were annoyed that they were doing the same trip as a lot of people, but everyone paid different amounts. Also, everyone had same accom and transport so they only met the same people their whole trip.
    I'd say don't. Thailand isn't that hard to travel in independently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

No no no no no!

This is a really bad idea. You'll be sewn into their itinerary with no room to do what you want and you'll also be overcharged. We met a couple who had done something similar and they were following a hellish itinerary that involved them moving every two days and not seeing anything.

Don't use the TAT for anything. Take things at your own pace.

EDIT: Also, fair play for taking the time to check it out. I know how friendly and persuasive the staff are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

i agree with the above posts, dont use tat, do it on your own and it will be alot more flexible and enjoyable. also i was in a tat office that i was taken to by a tuk tuk and they tried to tell me that there was a huge monsoon in siem reap and i shouldnt go but i should book a trip with them instead, i had no interest and made my own way to cambodia to find lovely 30 degrees+ weather!! so again DONT book with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭TheNibbler

Agree with all the above-avoid at all costs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭zoey48

Could not agree more be very wary. Remember payment is in full no refunds no adjustments ever!!! They even stamp your receipts No Refunds

I also learned to very weary of photo's of beautiful beach huts in Samui the place was a nightmare left after first night.

Advertisement