Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They're trying to change my holiday package!

Options
  • 25-06-2008 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Okay, this going to be a long ramble!

Last week I booked a package holiday to lanzarote online with a large, well known travel agency. The accommodation I booked are the Las Marinas apartments in Costa Teguise, was also the accommodation stated on the confirmation email i recieved. However, I got my invoice by post this morning and the accommodation stated is the Las Marinas apartments in Matagorda. These are two completely different complexes in two completely different resorts in Lanzarote.

Phoned the reservations office and was told to email the reservations supervisor. So, I did that and heard nothing back. Phoned again and was told they didn't recieve my email. So, I emailed her again and then phoned them. They told me she had got it and had replied to it and that the issue would have to be passed on to the Operations department (whatever that is !).

Checked my email and it turns out that she didn't actually reply to me at all! :mad:

I was also told that there was no way I'd be getting my 200 euro booking deposit back...
    The accommodation I booked has great children's facilities (which is the reason I booked it). But the apartments they're trying to put me in now have no facilities whatsoever.

Where do I stand on this issue? The holiday balance is due in 2 days :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

How did you pay, credit card? Contact them and chargeback if so.

If the agent has made a mistake, then they should either correct the mistake, and book your correct apartment, or refund the deposit. Make sure to keep the confirmation email with the correct location in it, you'll need this to prove you didn't request the wrong location by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

It was by credit card. I've emailed the reservation supervisor quoting the travel agent's terms & conditions and I forwarded on the confirmation email. I've made it clear that if i don't get the original apartments/accommodation with similar facilities/deposit refund that i will be contacting the national consumer agency.

Wish me luck! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

The product being supplied is not what was ordered - a full refund is due. No ifs & no buts about it.

Tell the agency (in writing) that you booked the specific apartments and if not available then you want immediate refund (7 days) of your deposit or you will immediately initiate small claims court procedure against them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

You can call your cc company and tell them to issue a chargeback.

As previous poster said put your complaint to travel agency in writing whether e mail or letter and tell them simply what you booked what you have confirmation of and you expect that or a full refund or you will instruct your cc company to issue a chargeback. Unless you put your complaint in writing and allow the agency time to resolve the complaint then the consumer agency won't take it on.

Unreal what passes for customer service these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

Thanks for the replies. I called the operations manager today and was told a big story about changes and errors on the website and how the travel agent don't even have a contract with my chosen apartments anymore.

Anyway, she has offered to email me some alternative accommodation with similar facilities and if I refuse these i will get my deposit back.
    The thing that annoys me is that if I hadn't kept on ringing/emailing them and annoying them they wouldn't have done anything about it! Sometimes it pays off to be a pain in the ass ;)

Cheers guys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement