Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie but very interested in a charity row!

• 25-06-2008 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭

New to this forum, but am really interested in getting into kayaking?canoeing. I've been before but it was when I was younger with the scouts, but loved it then and always wanted to get back into it.

Being a total newbie I wouldn't know where to go to buy one that would suit me (6ft 1' and 19 stone). I've looked through the other threads and found some good advice. A lot of which I will start to use pretty soon.

A year ago my cousin died, which was a tragedy to all our family as he was still young, but we remember all the treatment and how well he was treated in Our Lady's Hospital in Crumlin and I've been thinking of something that I could do for charity to help raise some money for this much needed charity. Thats when me and a friend of mine came up with the idea of going coast to coast on Kayaks. East to West along the Grand canal and meeting the Shannon at Shannon Harbour and then downstream to Limerick and eventually the sea.

So my questions are as follows. Where do we get started?? Do you think its possible for two beginners to do this?? and would it raise interest??

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Get on to the IWAI forum, lots of advice there.

Advertisement