Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firearms Miscellaneous Bill

Options
2»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

patbundy wrote: »
    or maybe they were told to keep shut :D conor

Well, if they're employees of the DoJ/Gardai then they're supposed to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

conor,i wasnt talking about doj/gardai;)

conor,i wasnt talking about doj/gardai;)

I know, but if they're the only ones who know the contents of the bill then we (probably) won't hear a peep.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

IRLConor wrote: »
    I know, but if they're the only ones who know the contents of the bill then we (probably) won't hear a peep.

conor they are not the only ones thats in the know. we see in a few days what crap we are in or not,hopefully its not conor:D:D:D

conor they are not the only ones thats in the know.

Do you know that people outside of the DoJ/Gardai know about the contents?
    we see in a few days what crap we are in or not

Out of curiosity, how do you know it's "in a few days"? There's no published timeline that I heard about (other than vague "this year" kind of stuff).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

The worst that can happen is that more stuff is placed on the prohibited list. As of now I think its only toxic gas and nox sparys. But the list might grow in a day or two:o

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Toxic gas, noxious sprays, and stun guns chem. (Electricity is classed as a "noxious substance" for the purposes of the Act).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Sparks wrote: »
    Toxic gas, noxious sprays, and stun guns chem. (Electricity is classed as a "noxious substance" for the purposes of the Act).

Ban electricity is what I say:rolleyes: Ireland and the UK seem to be the only countries in the EU to have a ban everything approch. I see model swords are to be banned here soon. Pepper spray and stun guns can be bought in France, Germany etc over the counter. So have any of these countries fallen into lawless states? Is it something in the Irish nature that makes items, that are free to buy else where become evil weapons in an Irishmans hands?

Im not saying I want any of these items to be sold openly here. But why are we seen as not been adult enough by the government to be able to use things in a non violent way?

I just hope we dont see new items on the list in the next few days. Toxic gas, noxious sprays, stun guns, pistols over .22, semi-auto rifles etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

But why are we seen as not been adult enough by the government to be able to use things in a non violent way?
    Well, let me put it this way. If I was Dictator-For-Life Of Ireland, and the decision was mine to make and mine alone, I'd ban pepper spray and tazers as well. And I mean ban as in Operation Anvil ban, not just restrict the sales of them. I'd be searching for them in customs and running armed searches to find any that slipped in. The problem is, they're a weapon that's made to order for every mugger and rapist out there - non-lethal, immobilising, quiet, rechargable, cheap, easy to conceal. And last time I checked, we had the worst record in the EU when it came to sexual offences and petty crimes like mugging.

Sometimes folks, the right answer isn't one that we'd like to hear. (and sometimes it is. Just not all the time).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

parisriotES2711_468x314.jpg

Good ole France, home of law and order. :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement