Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Check your mail guys iRacing is Live!!!

• 25-06-2008 6:11pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Great news! As of June 25th, the invitation process has begun. We are sending out several thousand invitations to join the service in the first of multiple waves that will be distributed between now and the end of the summer. Included in this first wave are the nominees that you beta testers passed on to us, as well as some of the individuals who previously registered on the iRacing.com public Web site. Subsequent waves of invitations will include iRacing corporate partners and additional registrants from the iRacing public site.

Over the next week or so, we expect to add thousands of new members. That means that our scheduled races will be more fully populated. The iRacing service will work as it was designed to, competition will be more interesting and the social aspects of our still-young community will become more evident. These changes are only a hint of what's to come, but they represent another important step forward.

Development continues, and we expect to have our doors wide open by the end of the summer. But if you know of anyone who wants to join before then (and wasn't already included in your list of nominees), please have them go to our public site (www.iracing.com) and register for updates.

As charter members of the iRacing community, you've had a chance to experience the sim and the service before anyone else. We hope that the rewards of participating in this pioneering endeavor have outweighed any inconveniences associated with our early development and growth, and we thank you once again for your patience and support.

One of the great things about iRacing.com is that the service will never stop growing. Coming soon to our selection of tracks is one of America's most historic road courses: Sebring International Raceway.

For sportscar racers there's no more hallowed ground. Built on the site of a World War II bomber pilot training base in Central Florida, Sebring has since 1952 been host to an annual mid-March 12-hour sportscar endurance race.

Today Sebring has three unique configurations and the facility is also host to vintage and SCCA club racing, as well serving as a test track for many other series.

Tradition hangs in the air at Sebring like the scent of the neighboring citrus groves. If iRacing's version of the track were any more authentic, you could walk next door and pick the oranges.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Got my invitation =]

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

God damn it this is a new benchmark.
    I simply cant get over just how good it is.
    The whole web interface and service is fantastic.

I bought the Skip Barber lastnight and the sim really came to life.
    Brilliant brilliant,i cant get enough of it, as Alison called it "digital coccaine" i fully agree :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

Got my invo lastngiht, but didn't get a chance to try it out get. Just looking through the whole web interface at the moment. I can't seem to get the custom helmet/car/suit to work, anyone else have this problrm?

Worked fine for me m8.

Nik once you play this your gonna want to edit your signature :)

ha ha! :)
    well i hope it's that good.
    I race Legends in real life so i'll know fairly quickly how realistic it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

I got this setup last night, I was barely 2 hours off the plane form the trip home to Ireland haha. Its good fun, spent all my time plugging around in the legend.

It certainly feels more "connected" than other sims I have tried. The FFB give good feedback without too much fuss.

Certainly enjoyable, I will say that much. I HATE the web interface, its a PITA to get to the info yoiu want. IMO its not user-friendly at all. The calibration screens etc are fine, but the wesiter part does my head in. Ill get used to it of course, but until then ill be baning my head haha

I still haven't go on to play... furthest i've gotten is configuring my steering axis! :(
    I'll have to make some time over the weekend.

I HATE the web interface, its a PITA to get to the info yoiu want. IMO its not user-friendly at all. The calibration screens etc are fine, but the wesiter part does my head in. Ill get used to it of course, but until then ill be baning my head haha

I was the same but after an hour or 2 messing around its quite intuitive now,just takes some getting used to.
    I bought some new cars and tracks,the whole process was faultless and fast.

On the track this far beyond anything we have experienced before.
    You quite literally feel everything with a G25.
    Ive tried it with FFB off and was surprised at how much i could feel what the cars are doing.

I had a 2nd place finish lastnight at Lime Rock in the Solstace rookie 20 lap race,i done 17 laps in the 1:05s and managed a pb dipping into the 1:04s .
    It was an incident free run too which was great :)
    The netcode is ultra smooth,far better than anything ive come across before,same can be said for collision detection.
    Driving the Skippy around Lime Rock and Laguna is just breathtaking.
    I think ill buy all the road courses.
    Had a quick go in the Legends on an oval race,these cars are immense fun.

Im stunned by iRacing,i just have to subscribe for a year to begin with.

is it possible to play without an internet connection? i have it all downloaded etc, but i'm not going to have a net connection next wkend...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

It isn't. The only way to start any session is through the website.

• Advertisement
Advertisement