Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daytime Posting...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

In this thread only...

I also need to stop drinking midweek, it makes getting in ontime difficult.

Yeah you must have had a fair few last nite ,you couldnt type one word:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

What if one lives in a cave or under the stairs, can we post then or will you ban us SDoom ;):D

Its not really practical from a mod'ship point of view tbh so I voted let there be light

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

this thread ,thats all
    Agreed. I like the Nocturnal Forum but i also work during the day. Also i am not always near a computer at night time! :o

Dragan wrote: »
    Agreed. I like the Nocturnal Forum but i also work during the day. Also i am not always near a computer at night time! :o

Yeah they get scared of me too at night time,they think I might stay up all nite pushing their buttons :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Yeah you must have had a fair few last nite ,you couldnt type one word:)
    I have a problem, its an inability to hit any correct key on the keyboard after drinking. It makes for amusing results and a sore head sometimes. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I have a problem, its an inability to hit any correct key on the keyboard after drinking. It makes for amusing results and a sore head sometimes. :(
    Use your fingers then...

Sherifu wrote: »
    Use your fingers then...

LMAO!!

Sherifu wrote: »
    Use your fingers then...

Something also happens after drinking which involves using those fingers ,so a nose is used as a substitute,basically its not typing its more hitting your head off the keyboard:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I was considering taking your drunk posts down, but thought it'd be more fun to leave them there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I think it should be left as is.....sure there isn't that many posts during the day anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Vegeta wrote: »
    What if one lives in a cave or under the stairs, can we post then or will you ban us SDoom ;):D

Its not really practical from a mod'ship point of view tbh so I voted let there be light
    Dragan wrote: »

Completely agreed, but would you not like a kind of "Look at me, day time posting, aren't I bold, tee hee hee" thread as a kind of reference point for the daytime?
    BrynW wrote: »
    I think it should be left as is.....sure there isn't that many posts during the day anyway!

Very true.

Damn, I just posted in the daytime! :(

A singular thread would be cool, but it's nice to continue on conversation....all or none i would say. In spirit of the Forum i would go with none, even if it cuts down my own interaction with my fellow Shadow Huggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

maybe an early birds sub forum??

Maybe a curtain huggers thread for people who still believe its the nite

And this isnt variation of AH at all, have you even been here .

Its like a feckin version of cheers but for nocturnal people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Well said brother!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I think a daytime chat thread would be good. People are already not posting during the day because they think it's wrong so a day thread would make it clear that it's fine to post in that thread during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

like make it a sticky

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Something also happens after drinking which involves using those fingers ...
    You too? :o
    SDooM wrote: »
    I was considering taking your drunk posts down, but thought it'd be more fun to leave them there :)
    Jeez, if all of Winter's drunken posts were expunged, his post-count would take some hit ...! :D

And he's not the only one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Woody: Can I get you a beer Mr. Peterson?
    Norm: It's a bit early isn't it Woody?
    Woody: Too early for Beer?
    Norm: No, for stupid questions.
    beer.gif

My favorite bit from Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

ricky91t wrote: »
    like make it a sticky

:eek:Gah! Was singing the Cheers theme in my head and hit this just as I was on the line "and they're always glad you came", last thing I needed was to read the word "sticky" during that line.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

SDooM wrote: »
    Personally while I want to keep this forum as nocturnal as possible, there's no way I'm going to start banning people for posting at weird times. This is a place for fun and I want it to stay that way. I think a daylight thread would be the best option.

Not everyone is in the same time zone. Your day time is my middle of the morning. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

We far side of the worlders have rights too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I don't think anything should be set in stone. I think the spirit of this place is for all of us to post late at night/early in the morning and we all mainly do that. We need to be able to get our other worldly time zones peoples'ssss input so no restrictions. I know that I personally just browse right past here if I'm in work during the day.

But someone made a good point that it can't be allowed to be another AH. I think we should swear an oath to the Nocturnal Gods that we won't post in here outside of odd times (whatever they may be in your time zone).

Advertisement