Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap parking in Dublin

Options
  • 25-06-2008 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Lads anyone know where i can get cheap parking in Dublin city centre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

North Wall Quay is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Victor wrote: »
    North Wall Quay is free.
    Why don't you tell everyone!

Plenty of free safe parking around Dublin City centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Plenty of free spaces around town.....but if you want your car to be a bit safer, I would spend the few quid and put it in a car park

BrynW wrote: »
    Plenty of free spaces around town.....but if you want your car to be a bit safer, I would spend the few quid and put it in a car park
    How do you define a a bit safer?

Safety is not something the person parking the car can influence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Bluetonic wrote: »
    How do you define a a bit safer?

Safety is not something the person parking the car can influence.

Well having it parked in a car park such as royal college of students is safer than leaving it on the street behind that car park for instance. Also, if the OP is planning on parking in town at night, there is more chance of drunk people messing with their car!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

BrynW wrote: »
    if the OP is planning on parking in town at night, there is more chance of drunk people messing with their car!
    Sheriff Street is also free and i don't think there will be too many drunk people messing with it. I use it regularly and have never had any problems.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Drury Street car park, is the cheapest i have found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

North Wall/ Sherriff St are near impossible to park in during the week. Some of the construction workers drive in at 6.30 and sleep in their cars for an hour just to get a spot.

WindSock wrote: »
    North Wall/ Sherriff St are near impossible to park in during the week. Some of the construction workers drive in at 6.30 and sleep in their cars for an hour just to get a spot.
    I've parked my car there at 10.30 two weeks ago and 11.15 last thursday. There were lots of spaces.

Maybe you are a bad parker.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

irishbird wrote: »
    Drury Street car park, is the cheapest i have found.
    Is it better than Jervis Street SC's all day rate of €8?
    WindSock wrote: »
    I've never had any problem parking in Sheriff Street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Maybe you are a bad parker.

Hey, I resemble that comment :mad:

Maybe it's just the part that I walk through then. I have my own super sekkrit parking space.

Advertisement