Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exterior stone fixing costs

• 25-06-2008 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone could give me a guide as to what I can expect to pay per sqM for fitting and sealing external stone (white/cream sandstone mix) on a new build. i.e. attached to the outer leaf blockwork.

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

I was quoted €80 per sqm, to lay 150 to 200mm natural stone.
    Expect to lay 3sqm per day! Tonne bag costs €200 containing approx 4sqm of stone.

Can you give more details of your stone, thickness, finish etc

• Registered Users Posts: 16 antonian

Thanks RKQ,
    It will be a random/rubble finish. I'm not sure of the exact thickness but it's certainly no more than 200mm. The builder I am hoping to go with was saying it would cost around 30K for 190sqM which sounded a bit outrageous. at €80/sqM it is closer to half that. Methinks I'll take that bit out and do it with direct labour!

I'll PM you with the supplier of the stone. They have a decent website with pictures. BTW, they want €175 ex VAT per pallet (3.5-4.0sqM) for a mix of cream and white sandstone.

Advertisement