Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brake Sensor

Options
  • 25-06-2008 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Got my car serviced this week and when I went to collect it garage said that they broke the brake sensor when changing the brakes. Have to drop it back to them tomorrow. Any idea how much this will cost and would it be up to them to pay for it as they broke it?

Its a 98 BMW 316.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yes they will definitely have to pay for it as they broke it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

€13 from a main dealer - they're supposed to be replaced when the pads are changed anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭foxirl

Thanks for the info. The one at the desk said it woudl be around 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

foxirl wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. The one at the desk said it woudl be around 60.
    Why would you even consider paying to replace something that they broke?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Did they say "we broke it" or "It broke when working on the brakes". Either way, give them no money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

They can get the sensor for about €7 from GSF/Otto...

I wouldn't be inclinded to pay anything... but at very most i would pay for the sensor, now way i would pay for them to fit it!

Fitting them is fairly easy, from memory you can clip it on without taking the brake calipar off...

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭foxirl

Excuse my stupidity but what is GSF/Otto?

Ok I found GSF on the web!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Advertisement